Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Shout and Universal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 of 29 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 869 posts

Posted August 15 2010 - 09:29 PM

It was mentioned on Stu's Show last week, that negotiations are going on between Shout Studios and Universal to sub-let some of their properties.

What Universal shows/programs would you like to see come out?

Personally, I find myself thinking:

The Magician

Fantastic Journey

Otherworld

Hmm. I think those shows are owned by Universal.

James

#2 of 29 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,319 posts

Posted August 15 2010 - 10:25 PM

The Magician is from Paramount, don't think they sub-let at this point unfortunately. Would be great to have it, both Bixby and Jack Arnold directed episodes.

#3 of 29 ONLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,167 posts

Posted August 15 2010 - 11:08 PM

More Universal properties?

Well, there are three Universal titles that only need one more release to finish their runs altogether.   "Hardy Boys", "Night Gallery" and "Baa Baa Black Sheep/Black Sheep Squadron."     I wouldn't mind if they could get picked up to close the books on them, but if we were talking about titles with less of their run or nothing, I would pick:

-Kojak

-Switch

-Operation Petticoat (Jamie Lee Curtis's presence could help on this)

-McCloud

-Cliffhangers

#4 of 29 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,368 posts

Posted August 15 2010 - 11:53 PM

There is Hardy Men movie schedule for production and this could mean the last season of the hardy boys could be released. I also like to see the 1969 Hardy boy cartoon released along with with the S3 of the hardy boys.

I like to see the final season of night gallery release as well. I have the 1st and 2nd on dvd. I am also looking at tales from the darkside as well down the road or when i can fit that series into my budget.

#5 of 29 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted August 16 2010 - 12:09 AM

Quincy, M.E.

Peacemakers

#6 of 29 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,961 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted August 16 2010 - 12:10 AM

Alfred Hitchcock Presents season 5 and on,

and since shout is jumping into the blu would love to see them do the entire series that way

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#7 of 29 OFFLINE   FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,332 posts

Posted August 16 2010 - 12:42 AM

Certainly whatever is left of the NBC Mystery Movies (not sure what the status is of Timeless's plans for Hec Ramsey). Also the rest of Quincy, Night Gallery and Hitchcock. Since idle dreams are free, let me also throw in Blacke's Magic, The Outsider and The Name of the Game. I would love to see Switch, too. Did anyone ever find out which company was rumored to have licensed It Takes A Thief? That one would be high on my Universal wish list, but would also be an opening for Switch, as they probably have a lot of fans in common.

#8 of 29 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,929 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted August 16 2010 - 12:43 AM

The only Universal title I had any interest in was Gimme a Break and I just got the terrific Canadian complete series set. Funny how the best stuff always comes from countries other than your own.

RIP Roberto Gomez Bolanos. 

#9 of 29 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,585 posts

Posted August 16 2010 - 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanCollector 

Certainly whatever is left of the NBC Mystery Movies (not sure what the status is of Timeless's plans for Hec Ramsey). Also the rest of Quincy, Night Gallery and Hitchcock. Since idle dreams are free, let me also throw in Blacke's Magic, The Outsider and The Name of the Game. I would love to see Switch, too. Did anyone ever find out which company was rumored to have licensed It Takes A Thief? That one would be high on my Universal wish list, but would also be an opening for Switch, as they probably have a lot of fans in common.

Definitely some great picks, Lee.  With Hec Ramsey being up in the air (in terms of who might be looking to release it - or not), I'd ask Shout to check into it.  Quincy for sure.  Since Timeless does have a good dealing going right now with Uni in terms of many westerns, I'll only mention one that I'm not sure is on Timeless's radar at present: Wide Country.  I don't know if they'd be interested in some 50's sitcoms that are not as well known as others, but here's a small list I'd include: Meet Mr. McNutley, Bachelor Father, The Bob Cummings Show and the very rare Pride of the Family (with its Christmas episode I don't have).

Gary "which studio owns what is always a tough one for me so there might be many others I should have listed" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#10 of 29 ONLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,289 posts

Posted August 16 2010 - 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Luisito34 

Funny how the best stuff always comes from countries other than your own.

One Question. Why is it that the Canadian DVDs start with the same "FBI Warning" that our Videos do? You'd think theirs would have an "RCMP Warning" instead! /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 36,417 :biggrin: ( 757 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,424  :biggrin: Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

#11 of 29 OFFLINE   Robert13

Robert13

Second Unit

• 488 posts

Posted August 16 2010 - 02:03 AM

Same here. VEI released both Kate & Allie and Gimme a Break so I'm all set with Universal. More of what I want, unfortunately, is with Sony. Hopefully, Shout will continue more of their classic tv shows and maybe pick up some new rarer ones.

Originally Posted by Luisito34 

The only Universal title I had any interest in was Gimme a Break and I just got the terrific Canadian complete series set. Funny how the best stuff always comes from countries other than your own.

#12 of 29 OFFLINE   John Stell

John Stell

Supporting Actor

• 862 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted August 16 2010 - 02:29 AM

I'd really like The Eddie Capra Mysteries.

"...you would not understand...You do not...have...daughters."

#13 of 29 OFFLINE   FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,332 posts

Posted August 16 2010 - 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by John Stell 

I'd really like The Eddie Capra Mysteries.

If we are bringing in the shorter-lived titles, I second this one! I'd also add The Law and Harry McGraw and The Jake Effect (a charming 7-episodes Jason Bateman series that was never aired at all until a brief cable run years after it was produced). And I already mentioned Blacke's Magic, so I suppose I already had a short-lived series in there...

#14 of 29 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted August 16 2010 - 09:19 AM

Top of my list would be Quincy, M.E., followed by The Law & Harry McGraw (Universal are releasing the final season (not including the four TV movies) in November), Richie Brockelman, Private Eye (Universal have released all six seasons of The Rockford Files and the first four TV movies on DVD) and Whiz Kids (which did a crossover episode with Simon & Simon, Jameson Parker guest starring as AJ Simon).

#15 of 29 OFFLINE   Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight

Second Unit

• 479 posts

Posted August 16 2010 - 12:16 PM

B.J. & The Bear.  This is ranked 25th on the list of unreleased  shows over at tvshowsondvd.com.  When I last checked,around a couple of months ago, it was ranked 36th. So,obviously,there's a demand for it.  Amen with Sherman Helmsley. The Universal property that I'd most like for Shout to release,though, would be seasons 6 - 10 of SNL,and any others that Lorne Michaels may want to skip over.

#16 of 29 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,319 posts

Posted August 17 2010 - 01:04 AM

Now SF! released the first two seasons of law show The Paper Chase, I would love to see them do Universal's really brilliant Owen Marshall (1971-74) with Arthur Hill and Lee Majors. John Denver guest starred in an episode.

#17 of 29 OFFLINE   Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight

Second Unit

• 479 posts

Posted August 17 2010 - 07:18 AM

I forgot to include  In Search Of... in my above post. Not sure why this hasn't been released  while  so many similar shows have; Unsolved Mysteries, Psi Factor,etc.

#18 of 29 OFFLINE   Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight

Second Unit

• 479 posts

Posted August 17 2010 - 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by HenryDuBrow 

Now SF! released the first two seasons of law show The Paper Chase, I would love to see them do Universal's really brilliant Owen Marshall (1971-74) with Arthur Hill and Lee Majors. John Denver guest starred in an episode.

Isn't The Paper Chase owned by FOX?

#19 of 29 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,319 posts

Posted August 17 2010 - 09:40 AM

Yes, I just made the parallel to it because it's a law show too and out from them.

#20 of 29 OFFLINE   TV_Fan

TV_Fan

Second Unit

• 295 posts

Posted August 17 2010 - 01:15 PM

I would love to see:

In Search Of

Whiz Kids

Amen