Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony MHC-C70, no power

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 satchmo05

satchmo05

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 13 2010 - 03:27 AM

Hey all,

First of all, yes, I have a very old stereo unit! I love it, and it's been very good to me up until a few days ago. I went over to turn it on, and simply no power. I unplugged the flat-line connection cord from the main receiver and plugged it back in - no luck. I did the same for the wall connection - no luck. Unfortunately, those are my only two options that I can think of without ripping apart the internals. Is there anything I can do to fix this dilemma myself, or is it finally time to get a new stereo unit? Thanks for all of your help in advance!

- Satchmo05

#2 of 7 silverjolla

silverjolla

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 16 2010 - 11:51 AM

Did you ever find an answer.  The same thing just happened to me.  I've had the stereo since 1994- loved it.  It just won't tun on.  I have cds stuck in the cd changer--- I can't figure out how to get them out.

#3 of 7 SonyFan1990

SonyFan1990

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 08 2011 - 09:33 AM

I have the exact same issue. I bought mine while I was in England in 1990 and it has worked like a champ ever since. It has travelled to several other countries with me as well as several states here. I know it's old and I should probably just get a new system, but I've had it so long, it's hard to give it up. Any ideas on how to resolve the power issue?

#4 of 7 Hendrikahn

Hendrikahn

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 13 2011 - 02:56 AM

Have the exact same problem. This was my first stereo, and I'm still amazed at how good it sounds compared to the stuff that's produced today. If anyone knows what causes the sudden no power; a malfunction in a certain part, melting of something somewhere, it would be greatly appreciated.

#5 of 7 yakak28

yakak28

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 19 2012 - 03:02 PM

If your stereos are dead, I need that blue system cable that connects the two units in the back. My wife threw it out, not knowing what it was during our house addition. Hook a brother up if you can. Thanks. yak.

#6 of 7 Rayl57

Rayl57

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted June 24 2012 - 02:41 PM

same thing happend to mine. but i oppend it up and it turned out to be a pretty simple fix. mine had two dead fuses in the main consle(one with the volume ) the ones mine had were 2amps 125volts on the fuses but i used 2.5 amps and 250 volt fuses and they worked perfect.

#7 of 7 Wildwing

Wildwing

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 20 2013 - 06:21 AM

I know it's almost a year later but do you still need the connector cable for your Sony stereo MHC-C70. I donated mine to Salvation Army in California back in 2009 and just found the connector cable, remote, and power cord. If you have need of them, let me know. I hate throwing things out. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users