Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

MASTER LIST: Warner Archive & Other Studio MOD DVDs With Trailers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

#1 of 315 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,682 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted August 12 2010 - 06:21 PM

For the sake of clarity and to not disrupt the other WA and MOD threads in progress, I thought this separate section for a list of Warner Archive titles and other studio MOD titles that include the original trailers might be a useful tool for those of us who enjoy having trailers included as an extra. Finding this out elsewhere online is nearly impossible, at least I haven't had much luck with it outside of the generous HTF members who have posted the information.   I would like to request from the regular buyers of these titles to please share your lists of those DVDs from the Archive that have the original trailers on them.

#2 of 315 ONLINE   battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 846 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted August 12 2010 - 08:20 PM

These two do, FOR SURE. I will check my other four and let you know.   Five Star Final The Citadel
I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

#3 of 315 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,044 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 13 2010 - 06:06 PM

Above Suspicion has a trailer.

#4 of 315 OFFLINE   alistairKerr

alistairKerr

Stunt Coordinator

• 87 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 14 2010 - 12:53 AM

"Ice Follies of 1939" comes complete with trailer, too. Alistair   And note to WB - when are you going to enable shipping to the UK?

#5 of 315 OFFLINE   Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

• 1,158 posts

Posted August 14 2010 - 02:42 AM

URGH! A MUSIC WAR and ALL THE MARBLES feature a trailer.
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

#6 of 315 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,682 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted August 14 2010 - 09:05 AM

#7 of 315 OFFLINE   David_B_K

David_B_K

Advanced Member

• 1,623 posts

Posted August 14 2010 - 09:53 AM

I have not checked all mine, but I can confirm that the following have trailers:   The Adventures of Mark Twain Bhowani Junction The Happy Years

#8 of 315 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,682 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted August 14 2010 - 01:05 PM

edit

#9 of 315 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,682 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted August 14 2010 - 01:13 PM

edit  

#10 of 315 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,044 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 30 2010 - 06:50 PM

Add Lovely to Look At to the list of Archive releases with a trailer.

#11 of 315 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,930 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted August 30 2010 - 07:09 PM

You can add the following as Warner Archives with trailers:   Between Two Worlds Riptide Song Of Love Oil For The Lamps Of China None But The Lonely Heart A Lady Without A Passport The Sellout Invasion Quartet
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#12 of 315 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,682 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted October 08 2010 - 04:54 PM

Bumping this to reflect updated list in original post.   Please continue to add to this discussion and I will try to keep the list as current and comprehensive as I can.

#13 of 315 OFFLINE   AlanP

AlanP

Supporting Actor

• 740 posts

Posted October 10 2010 - 05:50 AM

Wish they would release "HERCULES" and "HERCULES UNCHAINED" on archives !!! Isn't this a former UA release ?? And they have the rights ? The PD copies are horrendous !!!

#14 of 315 OFFLINE   Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,308 posts

Posted October 10 2010 - 10:37 AM

A STUDY IN TERROR (Sony MOD) does not have a trailer.

#15 of 315 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,082 posts

Posted October 10 2010 - 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanP /forum/thread/303050/master-list-warner-archive-other-studio-mod-dvds-with-trailers#post_3738089 Wish they would release "HERCULES" and "HERCULES UNCHAINED" on archives !!! Isn't this a former UA release ?? And they have the rights ? The PD copies are horrendous !!!
While the films are public domain, they hold the original Joseph Levine/EMBASY negatives, same of SANTA CLAUS CONQUERES THE MARTIANS which also deserves a decent release.

#16 of 315 OFFLINE   Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

• 1,158 posts

Posted October 10 2010 - 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWilson /forum/thread/303050/master-list-warner-archive-other-studio-mod-dvds-with-trailers#post_3738278 While the films are public domain, they hold the original Joseph Levine/EMBASY negatives, same of SANTA CLAUS CONQUERES THE MARTIANS.
They probably don't, actually.  Most of the Levine productions/pickups that were released by the majors reverted to him, and when they did, he likely took the negative materials with him.  When they were still active, Embassy Home Entertainment o put out very clean (if panscanned) VHS releases of the two HERCULES movies, SANTA VS. MARTIANS, MORGAN THE PIRATE, THE OSCAR, SPY WITH A COLD NOSE, and other Levine productions that had been released through WB, MGM, and Paramount.  However, during the short tenure that DeLaurentiis Entertainment Group owned the Embassy library, many of those negatives did get junked and lost forever. As such, WB would have no rights or materials to any of those Levine-produced Reeves films; what copyrights are still active would belong to StudioCanal, the subsequent inheritors of the Embassy and DEG libraries.
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

#17 of 315 OFFLINE   GregoryMesh

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted October 13 2010 - 01:41 AM

I can confirm that Sony's 711 Ocean Drive includes a trailer.

#18 of 315 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted October 13 2010 - 09:09 AM

I received Sony's 12 TO THE MOON yesterday and it has a trailer.

#19 of 315 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,082 posts

Posted October 13 2010 - 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Edward Heuck /forum/thread/303050/master-list-warner-archive-other-studio-mod-dvds-with-trailers#post_3738324 They probably don't, actually.  Most of the Levine productions/pickups that were released by the majors reverted to him, and when they did, he likely took the negative materials with him.  When they were still active, Embassy Home Entertainment o put out very clean (if panscanned) VHS releases of the two HERCULES movies, SANTA VS. MARTIANS, MORGAN THE PIRATE, THE OSCAR, SPY WITH A COLD NOSE, and other Levine productions that had been released through WB, MGM, and Paramount.  However, during the short tenure that DeLaurentiis Entertainment Group owned the Embassy library, many of those negatives did get junked and lost forever. As such, WB would have no rights or materials to any of those Levine-produced Reeves films; what copyrights are still active would belong to StudioCanal, the subsequent inheritors of the Embassy and DEG libraries.
 Thank you for the clarification.

#20 of 315 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,682 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted October 14 2010 - 07:26 PM

I understand that threads can take on a life of their own and deviate from the topic at hand, but this is not the thread for discussing who owns what or what we wish could come out in the archives.    Let's please stay on topic and continue to list Archive and MOD titles that have the trailers on them.  Thanks for understanding and continued thanks to all who contribute to the list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users