Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Image Press Release: The Twilight Zone Season 2 (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,768 posts

Posted August 12 2010 - 09:07 AM

Posted Image

Genies, malevolent machines, Santa Claus and The Devil himself. Get ready for more excursions into the fantastic when Image Entertainment releases The Twilight Zone: Season 2 on Blu-ray November 16th. All 29 episodes from the legendary series’ second season have been remastered and will be presented in pristine 1080p high-definition and uncompressed PCM audio. In addition, the 4-disc set also includes many of the bonus features from the Definitive Collection DVD release, along with hours of new bonus features, specially created for this Blu-ray™ release. SPR is $99.98, and pre-book is October 19th.

Season Two Episodes

King Nine Will Not Return, The Man in the Bottle, Nervous Man in a Four-Dollar Room, A Thing About Machines, The Howling Man, Eye of the Beholder, Nick of Time, The Lateness of the Hour, The Trouble with Templeton, A Most Unusual Camera, The Night of the Meek, Dust, Back There, The Whole Truth, The Invaders, A Penny for Your Thoughts, Twenty-Two, The Odyssey of Flight 33, Mr. Dingle, the Strong, Static, The Prime Mover, Long Distance Call, A Hundred Yards over the Rim, The Rip Van Winkle Caper, The Silence, Shadow Play, The Mind and the Matter, Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?, The Obsolete Man.

EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY FEATURES

• 25 New Audio Commentaries, featuring The Twilight Zone Companion author Marc Scott Zicree, author/film historian Gary Gerani, author/music historian Steven C. Smith, author/film & TV historian, Martin Grams Jr., writer/music historian Jon Burlingame, writer Len Wein, writer/producer Joseph Dougherty, writer/producer Matthew Weiner, writer/director Michael Nankin, writer Marv Wolfman, authors/historians Scott Skelton and Jim Benson and writer George Clayton Johnson.
  • Interviews with actors Joseph Ruskin and H. M. Wynant.
  • Suspense episode “Nightmare at Ground Zero” written by Rod Serling.
  • Vintage Audio Interview with director of photography George T. Clemens.
  • Vintage Audio Interview with makeup artist William Tuttle.
  • 15 Radio Dramas featuring Daniel J. Travanti, Jim Caviezel, Jason Alexander, Ed Begley Jr., Fred Willard, Jane Seymour, Michael York, Chris McDonald, Henry Rollins, Stan Freberg and others!

ALSO INCLUDES

• Audio Commentaries by actors Donna Douglas, Don Rickles, William Idelson, Bill Mumy, Cliff Robertson, Dennis Weaver and Shelley Berman.
  • Vintage Audio Recollections with Buzz Kulik, Douglas Heyes, Maxine Stuart, George Clayton Johnson and Robert Serling.
  • 22 Isolated Music Scores featuring the legendary Bernard Herrmann, Jerry Goldsmith, Fred Steiner and others!
  • Sponsor Billboards
  • Rod Serling Promos for “Next Week’s” Show
  • And much more!

The Twilight Zone Season 2 Blu-ray

Genre:              Sci-Fi. Television, 60s

Rating: Not Rated

Languages:       English 

Format:            Black and white full-frame (1:33.1)

Audio:              PCM Mono

Subtitles:           English

Year:                1960

SRP:                $99.98

Street Date:      November 16, 2010

Pre-Book:        October 19, 2010

Length:             749 minutes

UPC:                ID6422CUBD

Cat#:                014381642254

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 2,066 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted August 14 2010 - 11:23 PM

just waiting on amazon pre order to show up on here
Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#3 of 11 ONLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,650 posts

Posted August 16 2010 - 04:35 AM

Oh my! 

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,218 posts

Posted August 31 2010 - 08:13 AM

I just preordered Season 1!! Hope they get all of the seasons out on blu ray.   I am very impressed with what I have read about the new transfers and audio tracks for this new BD set!!!  

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 2,066 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted November 09 2010 - 01:53 PM

Beaver has its look up already on season two, and the one thing i feared,

http://www.hometheat...otaped-episodes ,

it's sort of what i expected, but going from a static picture is kind of hard to judge,  7 days and counting

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#6 of 11 ONLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,650 posts

Posted November 09 2010 - 02:38 PM

Nice screen grabs there! I really, really, really hope this set will be free of the playback defects that plaque the first season. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of that and it's the only thing that worries me about S2.

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,218 posts

Posted November 09 2010 - 03:03 PM

Just saw DVD Beaver had a nice review of season 2. Looking forward to picking it up! I'm still working on season 1 too!!! http://www.dvdbeaver...n_2_blu-ray.htm

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 2,066 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted November 09 2010 - 03:11 PM

i was afraid that the six would be problematic, but at least it should be somewhat better, not great, but better
Playing at the Drive In

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,799 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 09 2010 - 03:18 PM

^ I don't understand what you expected. The source is 3/4 inch tape so it's impossible for it to look good.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 2,066 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted November 09 2010 - 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by TravisR 

^ I don't understand what you expected. The source is 3/4 inch tape so it's impossible for it to look good.

actually no, not impossible, difficult yes, but the age of the material would also play a factor as well, with the current technology, 3/4 inch tap would have to be completely redone, when this was first announced i was looking around to see which of the specialty houses actual do restorations on taped material, its no longer Lowery, but they do, do tape restoration? its not a complaint, mind you but the discussion was possibly to get both versions, the taped version and the kinoscope,

do i expect it to look as good as the rest from film negatives, no but as good as it can, which from the screen cap it does, 7 days, and i can judge in motion on my own screen, this was a pre order the moment it popped, and already pre season three as well,

Playing at the Drive In

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,231 posts

Posted November 09 2010 - 05:07 PM

Gary used some strange terminology in that review. When he says "looks like a kiniscope", I fear the fluid 30FPS look of tape has somehow been lost in the transition. He also reports that some episodes (the ones he listed were for eps that preceded VT shows) have interlaced next show trailers. Not exactly sure where he was getting at there (all the vt episodes had 35mm Kiniscope promos on the DE set).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users