Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Image Press Release: The Twilight Zone Fan Favorites

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,277 posts

Posted August 11 2010 - 12:29 PM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

On October 26, Image Entertainment will release a collection of the best episodes from one of television’s most influential programs, with The Twilight Zone:  Fan Favorites.   This 5-DVD set contains nineteen classic episodes from the legendary series – over 8 hours of content – housed in a limited edition, collectible tin, and will be available for an SRP of $29.98.

The Twilight Zone: Fan Favorites features the following episodes:

Night of the Meek                   The Odyssey of Flight 33        A Passage for Trumpet

The Invaders                           Steel                                        Long Distance Call

Nothing in the Dark                A Game of Pool                      I Sing the Body Electric

Time Enough at Last              Walking Distance                    The Lonely

Nightmare at 20,000 Feet      Kick the Can                           Probe 7 – Over and Out

Mr. Dingle the Strong             The Four of Us are Dying       Two

The Monsters are Due on Maple Street

The Twilight Zone:  Fan Favorites

Genre:              Sci-fi/Fantasy, Television, 50’s, 60’s

Rating: Unrated

Languages:       English 

Format:            N/A

Audio:              Dolby Digital Mono

Subtitles:           N/A

Year:                1963

SRP:                $29.98

Street Date:      October 26, 2010

Pre-Book:        September 28, 2010

Length:             480 minutes

UPC:                014381670028

Cat#:                ID6700CUDVD

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 18 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,156 posts

Posted August 12 2010 - 01:46 PM

Some bizzare choices here. How can they call this box set "fan favorites" if its missing "An Occurance at Owl Creek Bridge", "Death Ship" and inexplicably enough... "The Masks", "The Eye of the Beholder", AND "To Serve Man"?

#3 of 18 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,463 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 12 2010 - 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lord Dalek 

Some bizzare choices here. How can they call this box set "fan favorites" if its missing "An Occurance at Owl Creek Bridge", "Death Ship" and inexplicably enough... "The Masks", "The Eye of the Beholder", AND "To Serve Man"?

Or "The After Hours"?

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted August 12 2010 - 02:35 PM

Or "The Hitchhiker?"

"Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model."

#5 of 18 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,188 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 12 2010 - 03:14 PM

Instead of exclusions, how about the inclusion of Probe 7- Over And Out? Maybe it's just me but I don't think that episode even ranks as an average TZ (let alone a standout).

And I know it has its fans but I never cared all that much for Steel either.

#6 of 18 ONLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,240 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted August 12 2010 - 03:17 PM

What a relief to know I don't even have to consider spending any bucks on this one.

#7 of 18 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,156 posts

Posted August 14 2010 - 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by TravisR 

Instead of exclusions, how about the inclusion of Probe 7- Over And Out? Maybe it's just me but I don't think that episode even ranks as an average TZ (let alone a standout).

And I know it has its fans but I never cared all that much for Steel either.

Yeah that choice doesn't make any sense at all. "ISTBE" too, who the heck picked these?

#8 of 18 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,188 posts

Posted August 15 2010 - 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Lord Dalek 

"ISTBE" too, who the heck picked these?

I guess that's in there just because it's the only Ray Bradbury TZ episode but it wouldn't be in my top 19 episodes either.

#9 of 18 OFFLINE   Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,687 posts

Posted August 15 2010 - 01:44 PM

Wow, what a random set of episodes.  Which fans did they talk to?

Oh well, it doesn't matter.  I've already got the Definitive Edition DVD sets, and the blu-rays start hitting next month.

#10 of 18 OFFLINE   chas speed

chas speed

Second Unit

• 402 posts

Posted August 15 2010 - 04:33 PM

"Kick the Can' would be on my list of episodes NOT to include.  Speaking of the missing "The Hitchhiker" episode, did everybody know that their was a digital animation adaptation of the original Mercury Theater radio broadcast of "The Hitchhiker" starring Orson Welles released on DVD.  I had always hoped that the Twilight Zone DVD would include that as a 2nd audio bonus, but at least I got it now on DVD.

#11 of 18 OFFLINE   Shatner's Grim Reaper

Shatner's Grim Reaper

Supporting Actor

• 565 posts

Posted September 08 2012 - 07:32 AM

My 19 would have been: Time Enough At Last The Howling Man Deaths-Head Revisited Nightmare at 20,000 Feet The Eye of the Beholder The Invaders The Monsters on Maple Street Judgment Night The After Hours Mr Garrity and The Graves A Game of Pool The Dummy The Masks To Serve Man Five Characters In Search Of An Exit The Hitch-Hiker Twenty Two A Nice Place To Visit It's A Good Life

#12 of 18 OFFLINE   Shatner's Grim Reaper

Shatner's Grim Reaper

Supporting Actor

• 565 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 05:18 AM

Take Two :-)

Time Enough At Last, The Howling Man, Death's-Head Revisited, Nightmare at 20,000 Feet, The Eye of the Beholder, The Invaders, The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street, Judgment Night, The After Hours, Mr Garrity and The Graves, A Game of Pool, The Dummy, The Masks, To Serve Man, Five Characters In Search Of An Exit, The Hitch-Hiker, The Remaining Three and The sixteen episodes that I have chosen Are Open For Debate...as I see several good choices...The Four Of Us Are Dying, The Passerby, 22, The Purple Testament, A Quality Of Mercy, It's A Good Life, A Stop At Willoughby, The Midnight Sun, The Grave, A Hundred Yards Over The Rim, etcetera.

The Point being...I think it would be child's play to select the best 19 episodes with just about any show other than The Twilight Zone.

#13 of 18 ONLINE   moviebuff75

moviebuff75

Supporting Actor

• 537 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted June 11 2014 - 07:40 AM

I'm celebrating "The Twilight Zone" this year by watching the 10 Most Iconic Episodes. Which ten should I choose?

1. Eye of the Beholder

2. Time Enough At Last

3. Nightmare At 20,000 Feet

4. Living Doll

5. To Serve Man

6. The Invaders

7. The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street

9. It's A Good Life

10. Walking Distance

Is that a good list?

• TravisR and Shatner's Grim Reaper like this

Proud HTF Member Since: April, 2001

#14 of 18 OFFLINE   Shatner's Grim Reaper

Shatner's Grim Reaper

Supporting Actor

• 565 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 04:38 PM

I'm celebrating "The Twilight Zone" this year by watching the 10 Most Iconic Episodes. Which ten should I choose?
1. Eye of the Beholder
2. Time Enough At Last
4. Living Doll
5. To Serve Man
6. The Invaders
9. It's A Good Life
10. Walking Distance

Is that a good list?

Outstanding.
  • moviebuff75 likes this

#15 of 18 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,188 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 06:18 PM

1. Eye of the Beholder

2. Time Enough At Last

4. Living Doll

5. To Serve Man

6. The Invaders

9. It's A Good Life

10. Walking Distance

Is that a good list?

I'd switch The Hitch-Hiker with Living Doll (both are horror episodes but The Hitch-Hiker is IMHO scarier) but that's certainly a darn good list.

• Shatner's Grim Reaper and moviebuff75 like this

#16 of 18 OFFLINE   Shatner's Grim Reaper

Shatner's Grim Reaper

Supporting Actor

• 565 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 12:36 PM

I am a sucker for these episodes -> The Howling Man...Time Enough At Last...Judgment Night...Nightmare at 20,000 Feet...Death's Head Revisited...The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street.

These are my absolute favorites...the top tier of my personal favorites....not necessarily the best or most popular like...To Serve Man, The Eye of the Beholder and The Invaders...but as ole BobO'Link put it....these six I'll watch at the drop of a hat. :-)
  • TravisR likes this

#17 of 18 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,188 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 01:30 PM

I am a sucker for these episodes -> The Howling Man...Time Enough At Last...Judgment Night...Nightmare at 20,000 Feet...Death's Head Revisited...The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street.

These are my absolute favorites...the top tier of my personal favorites....not necessarily the best or most popular like...To Serve Man, The Eye of the Beholder and The Invaders...but as ole BobO'Link put it....these six I'll watch at the drop of a hat. :-)

All wonderful episodes but Judgment Night and Deaths-Head Revisited are two great 'lesser known' episodes.

• Shatner's Grim Reaper likes this

#18 of 18 OFFLINE   Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,321 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 12 2014 - 03:48 PM

I agree with the choices you guys have posted and find fully half the choices on the set puzzling. You'd think they'd poll fans. If they did, I'd like to know what fans...

• Shatner's Grim Reaper likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users