Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

U.S. Top Gear trailer

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor

• 708 posts

Posted August 09 2010 - 12:50 PM

Here's the new U.S. Top Gear trailer.  I will give it a chance.  Even the original Top Gear was a bit slow in the beginning.

"A human being is part of the whole called by us the Universe. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest --a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection...

#2 of 5 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted August 09 2010 - 05:43 PM

The UK Top Gear is easily one of my favorite TV shows of all-time. I know before even seeing a minute of the U.S. version that it has no chance of being anywhere as entertaining as the UK show, but I'm a car fanatic so I'll watch it regardless. The only one of those three hosts I've ever heard of is Tanner Faust and that's because he's done some supercar shows on Speed Channel. While it would be an unexpected surprise if the show itself actually turns out good I'll still tune in for all the car stuff....and take comfort in the fact that the UK version will be back for a new season in the fall.

"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#3 of 5 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted August 09 2010 - 05:54 PM

I think you got it.  It's hard to say, but the chemistry between Clarkson-Hammond-May is one of the best in the business.  They come across as the kind of guys who probably do hang out after the show (real or not) and the show is a lot more fun because of how well they work together.  That's just really hard to duplicate.  I am wondering who will be "The Stiig" in the US version ;)

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#4 of 5 Ralphie_B

Ralphie_B

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted August 10 2010 - 06:07 AM

Some say his droppings have been found as far north as York - and that he has a full-size tattoo of his face... on his face.  All we know is, he's called "The Stig!"

Love the original.  I'll give the US version a chance -- but knowing it'll be without that British humor/aesthetic, I don't expect to enjoy it as much.  And as was said above, it'd be virtually impossible to duplicate the trifecta of Clarkson/Hammond/May.

#5 of 5 John_Lee

John_Lee

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted August 11 2010 - 02:56 AM

I'll give Adam Ferrara a chance [from Rescue Me], but they missed the boat not securing Adam Carolla, who has an American spin on Clarkson's glib humbuggery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users