Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

ok so confused about av receiver and projector input / output

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   awells85

awells85

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted August 08 2010 - 04:26 AM

Hey guys I just bought a yamaha home theater kit from best buy. I see a lot of post about same input needs to be same output. But is that the same on a non hd projector like my epson powerlite s1? My projector only has rca type video in and also some computer moniter type inputs.

1 I have a xbox 360 with hdmi or composite digital cable with rca composite and hdmi.

How would get these to show onto the projector since it does not have the same output as the devices inputing to the receiver. Thx for the help

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,585 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted August 08 2010 - 08:44 AM

According to the manual for the S1 it has a composite input, an S-video input and a computer/component input. Surely the Yamaha receiver and Xbox have component connections? If so all you would need is a cable that converts component to mini d-sub 15 pin (male) blue. Otherwise you will need to use S-video.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   awells85

awells85

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted August 08 2010 - 09:59 AM

Could I do all components into the AV receiver and once composite RCA out to the video in on the projector

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,585 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted August 08 2010 - 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by awells85 

Could I do all components into the AV receiver and once composite RCA out to the video in on the projector

I don't know if that would work. You'd have to look at the manual and see if the receiver pushes all input signals through the composite output or only the signals from the composite input.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   awells85

awells85

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted August 09 2010 - 05:32 AM

Ok I think I found what your talking about. I fount a compnent the male end of that connection. Ill plug the one end into the projector and the other component ends into the out on the avr. That should let me plug xbox and cable component into the in on the avr but still output them to the projector.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users