What's new

professional cleaning.... (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
How much would a small 1BR apartment cost to have professionally cleaned? Hardwood floors, furnished... I have the opportunity to rent a pretty nice apartment so long as I agree to a "professional" cleaning after I move out cause the landlord is allergic to cats of which I have 2. Just curious how much would one be? rough estimates are fine...

Jay

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
Jay - my cleaning service charges me $400 to do a "deep cleaning" of my 3,500 sq ft house (yes - I know its too big).

Deep cleaning means they do everything - blinds, windows, tops of mouldings, under everything, etc - compared to the normal bi-weekly cleaning which really just gets visible surfaces (floors, carpets, counters, tables, etc.). I'd guess that's analogous to what the landlord would want.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
I would ask him to define "professional cleaning" in writing as well as asking for a written policy on how the apartment will be inspected and determined to be sufficiently clean after you vacate. You may also want to ask him if he could recommend a company that offers such services.

Once you have something in writing, and maybe a few pictures of the place, it should make getting quotes for the cleaning much easier.

-Keith

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
He might also try to throw a duct cleaning into there, on the theory that pets (especially cats) pee down floor vents. If you don't have any floor vents, that's not a potential.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
No floor vents, it is a steam heat via radiators.. my cats have not tried to pee or poop anywhere other than the liter box, they are fixed but they are so wonderfully behaved, I am amazed cause I read all the time of other cats who are picky eaters, picky peers, and picky poopers. not my two guys!

Jay

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Originally Posted by Jay H

... they are fixed but they are so wonderfully behaved, I am amazed cause I read all the time of other cats who are picky eaters, picky peers, and picky poopers. not my two guys!

Jay

I think what you have there are clever small dogs in cat suits. Check their bellies for zippers. ;)

-Keith

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Keith Plucker

Once you have something in writing, and maybe a few pictures of the place, it should make getting quotes for the cleaning much easier.

-Keith

Take detailed photos of the furniture, carpets, window treatments -- anything the LL could later say was clawed up by the dogs-in-catsuits.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks