Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: The Last of the Mohicans (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,606 posts

Posted August 06 2010 - 07:21 AM

THE FIRST AMERICAN HERO ARRIVES ON BLU-RAY WITH AN ALL NEW DIRECTOR’S DEFINITIVE CUT

http://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/

LOS ANGELES (Aug. 6, 2010) – Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment today announced that THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS will debut on Blu-ray Disc Tuesday, Oct. 5, featuring an all-new director’s definitive cut by acclaimed director Michael Mann (Public Enemies, Heat, Manhunter) and new interviews with two-time Academy Award&reg-winning actor Daniel Day-Lewis (My Left Foot, There Will Be Blood).

Based on the literary classic by James Fennimore Cooper, THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS takes place in the majestic mountains and awe-inspiring forests of war-torn Colonial America. In the midst of a bloody battle between British, the French and Native American allies, Cora Munro (Madeleine Stowe, Twelve Monkeys, We Were Soldiers), the aristocratic daughter of a British Colonel and her party are captured by a group of Huron warriors. Fortunately, a group of three Mohican trappers, including Hawkeye (Day-Lewis), a rugged frontiersman and the adopted son of the Mohicans comes to their rescue. A passionate romance soon blossoms between Cora and Hawkeye, but many forces test their love as they continue to journey through the Frontier.

THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS DIRECTOR’S DEFINITIVE CUT will be available for the suggested retail price of $34.99 U.S. / $37.99 Canada.

The Last of the Mohicansi release is just one aspect of Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment’s yearlong campaign to honor the studio’s 75th birthday. This year the division will debut several select fan-favorites on Blu-ray for the first time ever including Alien Anthology, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, William Shakespeare’s Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge!, and The Sound of Music.

Special Features: (Catalog # 2265788)
  • All New Widescreen Director’s Definitive Cut
  • Commentary by Director Michael Mann
  • The Making Of The Last of the Mohicans featuring new interviews with Daniel Day-Lewis
  • Theatrical Trailers

• About Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
    A recognized global industry leader, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment LLC (TCFHE) is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming on DVD, Blu-ray Disc (BD) and Digital Copy as well as acquisitions and original productions. The company also releases all products around the globe for MGM Home Entertainment. Each year, TCFHE introduces hundreds of new and newly enhanced products, which it services to retail outlets—from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce—throughout the world. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment LLC is a subsidiary of Twentieth Fox Film Corporation, a News Corporation company.

###

Press Contacts:
    All media inquiries: Richard Parker, 212.885.0379; richard.parker@hillandknowlton.com Callie Jernigan, 310.369.8370; callie.jernigan@fox.com Online requests: fox@thinkjam.com 
    Canada: Bernice Couto, 416.486.7219; Bernice.couto@gcicanada.com

Press materials available for download at www.foxpressroom.com; Follow TCFHE on Twitter @foxhomeent

LAST OF THE MOHICANS DIRECTOR’S DEFINITIVE CUT BLU-RAY DISC
    Street Date: October 5, 2010
    Prebook Date: September 8, 2010
    Screen Format: Widescreen – 2.40:1
    Audio: English 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio
    Subtitles: English, French and Spanish
    U.S. Rating: R
    Total Run Time: 114 minutes
    Closed Captioned: Yes

i North America only.

Ronald J Epstein
    Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   AlenK

AlenK

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted August 06 2010 - 07:40 AM

Definitive. Why does that word worry me? ;-)

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,606 posts

Posted August 06 2010 - 08:07 AM

This has probably been discussed ad nauseum

elsewhere, but what is the main difference between

the theatrical and director's cut?

I am sort of surprised given that this is Blu-ray that

both versions were not included.

Ronald J Epstein
    Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Rob Willey

Rob Willey

Screenwriter

• 1,179 posts

Posted August 06 2010 - 08:38 AM

This has probably been discussed ad nauseum

elsewhere, but what is the main difference between

the theatrical and director's cut?

Ron,

Walter Kittel posted this link in another Last of the Mohicans thread.  It provides a very detailed comparison of the two versions:

http://www.schnittbe...t.php?ID=377524

Rob

"That suits me down to the ground."

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Robert George

Robert George

Screenwriter

• 1,014 posts

Posted August 06 2010 - 11:28 AM

They are listing a run time of 114 minutes.  That's two minutes longer than the theatrical and three minutes shorter than the last "director's cut".

I guess we can call this the "box of chocolates" version.

You never know what you gonna get.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Rob Willey

Rob Willey

Screenwriter

• 1,179 posts

Posted August 08 2010 - 06:41 PM

I wouldn't say "never", but I'm definitely not buying this version until I read some very thorough reviews.

"That suits me down to the ground."

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   AL KUENSTER

AL KUENSTER

Second Unit

• 359 posts

Posted August 12 2010 - 10:38 AM

I will probably pick this BR up as this is my favorite DDLewis movie along with My Left Foot. But I will still keep my laserdisc

for the theatrical cut.

Al Kuenster