Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: The Rocky Horror Picture Show 35th Anniversary (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,575 posts

Posted August 04 2010 - 08:54 AM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

AN ABSOLUTE PLEASURE... FOR 35 YEARS

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

New High Definition Transfer Of Time Warp Cult Classic Debuts On Blu-ray Disc October 19

LOS ANGELES, CA. (Aug. 4, 2010) –Let’s do the Time Warp again!

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment celebrates the 35th anniversary of the pop culture phenomenon The Rocky Horror Picture Show with the Blu-ray Disc debut on October 19. The greatest cult film of all time and still in limited release, The Rocky Horror Picture Show is the longest-running theatrical release in film history.

A divine film adaptation from Richard O’Brien’s British musical horror comedy/rock opera, produced by Lou Adler and Michael White, The Rocky Horror Picture Showfeatures revered performance by Tim Curry (Clue, Home Alone) as a bizarre and self-proclaimed “sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania,” and Susan Sarandon (Dead Man Walking, Thelma and Louise) and Barry Bostwick (“Spin City”), as Brad and Janet, a couple who find themselves lost on a cold, rainy night. The madcap, musical mayhem begins when the couple takes refuge in the castle of Dr. Frank-N-Furter as he is about to unveil his greatest creation – and have a bit of fun with his reluctant guests.

Boasting a newly-restored high definition transfer and 7.1 audio sure to make fans shiver with an-tic-i-pation, the anniversary edition Blu-ray truly brings the Midnight experience home wtih exclusive new content including Rocky-oke: Sing It!, Picture-In-Picture Shadowcast Performance, Vintage Callback Track (Unrated), Prop Box, Shadowcasting documentary, as well as exclusive new content including BD-LIVE: Live Lookup Powered by IMDb&reg, Photo Galleries, as well as Deleted Scenes, Audio Commentary and more. For a limited time, The Rocky Horror Picture Show: 35th Anniversary will be packaged in a collectible 24-page book featuring legendary photography from Mick Rock, best known for his iconic shots of rock and roll artists. Rock served as the chief photographer on the film.

Arriving in time for Halloween, The Rocky Horror Picture Show: 35th Anniversary Blu-ray Disc will be available for the suggested retail price of $34.99 U.S. / $37.99 CAN. Pre-book is September 8.

Selected by the Library of Congress for preservation in the United States National Film Registry for being “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant,” the film gained notoriety as a midnight movie when audiences began participating with the film in theaters. The film has entered the pop culture lexicon for its many iconic and memorable scenes, including the song “The Time Warp” which has been covered by handfuls of artists and the often quoted phrase, “Dammit, Janet.”

The Rocky Horror Picture Show: 35th Anniversary Blu-ray Disc release is just one aspect of Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment’s yearlong campaign to honor the studio’s 75th birthday. This year the division will debut several select fan-favorites on Blu-ray for the first time ever including The Sound Of Music 45th Anniversary Edition, William Shakespeare’s Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge!, The Last of the Mohicans and the Alien Anthology.

Blu-ray Specs: (Catalog # 2270701)
  • Restored Picture – Brand New 4K/2K Master From The Original Camera Negatives
  • The Midnight Experience: The Late Night, Double Feature, Picture-in-Picture
  • Show *, Vintage Callback Track (Unrated), Prop Box, Trivia Track
  • BD-LIVE**: Live Lookup™ Powered by IMDb&reg
  • Rocky-oke *: Sing It!
  • Don’t Dream It, Be It: The Search for the 35th Anniversary Shadowcast, Part I
  • An-tic-i-pation: The Search for the 35th Anniversary Shadowcast, Part II
  • Mick Rock (A Photographer)
  • Mick Rock’s Picture Show (A Gallery)
  • Pressbook and Poster Gallery
  • Audio Commentary by Richard O’Brien and Patricia Quinn
  • Deleted Musical Scenes and Outtakes
  • Alternate Credit Ending and Misprint Ending
  • Rocky Horror Double Feature Video Show
  • Beacon Theater, New York City
  • “Time Warp” Music Video

About Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
    Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, LLC (TCFHE) is a recognized global industry leader and a subsidiary of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, a News Corporation company. Representing 75 years of innovative and award-winning filmmaking from Twentieth Century Fox, TCFHE is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming, acquisitions and original productions on DVD, Blu-ray Disc Digital Copy, Video On Demand and Digital Download. The company also releases all products globally for MGM Home Entertainment. Each year TCFHE introduces hundreds of new and newly enhanced products, which it services to retail outlets from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce throughout the world.

# # #

Follow Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment on Twitter @FoxHomeEnt

THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW: 35th ANNIVERSARY BLU-RAY DISC
    Street Date: October 19, 2010
    Pre-book Date: September 8
    Screen Format: Widescreen
    Audio: English 7.1 DTS HD Master Audio
    Subtitles: English, French and Spanish
    U.S. Rating: R
    Total Run Time: 100 minutes
    Closed Captioned: Yes

Posted Image
    i North America only.

Ronald J Epstein
    Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,575 posts

Posted August 04 2010 - 08:54 AM

All I can say is....WOW!  This is Fox's first digibook
    as far as I can tell and it is BEAUTIFUL.  What a great

way to commemorate this film.

Hope they did a new audience participation video track.

If I remember correctly, the one included on the original

DVD release was kind of lame.  Been quite a few years

since I saw it, but I remember I didn't care for it.  The

ones I went to at midnight were far more upbeat.

And, if Amazon has the right product (wrong artwork is

showing) on its page the Blu-ray is going for under $19.
    I would snatch it up before they figure out that they are

selling a $35 set for under $19.

Ronald J Epstein

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 13 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted August 04 2010 - 11:40 AM

Which version is included...UK, US, or both?

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,043 posts

Posted August 05 2010 - 08:51 AM

The press release only mentions the 7.1 track.  I hope the original mono track is included as well, as it was on DVD.

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   felipenor

felipenor

Stunt Coordinator

• 130 posts

Posted August 06 2010 - 04:23 AM

Digibook! Great!

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

• 1,830 posts

Posted August 06 2010 - 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein 
    Hope they did a new audience participation video track.

If I remember correctly, the one included on the original

DVD release was kind of lame.  Been quite a few years

since I saw it, but I remember I didn't care for it.  The

ones I went to at midnight were far more upbeat.

The Audence Partici-pation track dates back to the 20th Anniversary LaserDisc Box set, so it is a bit outdated.  Audience responses are very regional in their character, as well as (of course) dictated by pop culture references of the time.  The one thing that surprised me was that the recording session for the a/p track had the audience watching a print of the widely circulated 'Time Warp Encore Ending' release, while the film's audio used the instrumental version (a group of guys sing 'Dentist' from "Little Shop Of Horrors" during Little Nell's 'Tap Dance' sequence - it's quite funny in proper context).  The laserdisc audio was also a split track - the DVD mix was blended in...ideally I thought the DVD mix should have been a 4.0 mix with the film in remastered stereo at the front, and audience track exclusively in the rear (just like the 'servants entrance',)

I don't like SPAM!

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   SD_Brian

SD_Brian

Supporting Actor

• 589 posts

Posted October 06 2010 - 01:04 PM

There was an audience participation "soundtrack to the soundtrack" LP released in the early 80's and I'm hoping this is the "vintage call back track" they plan to use. The participation track on the DVD was migraine-inducing. On the LP, you could actually understand what the audience was saying rather than the anarchy of the midnight screening presented on the DVD.

The CD version is still available at Amazon  

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   zackscott5

zackscott5

Stunt Coordinator

• 90 posts

Posted October 07 2010 - 03:01 AM

The reason why the audience participation track on the 20th anniversary DVD was so migrane inducing was because Fox cast several different Rocky Horror casts from the LA area to do it, without knowing that there was different lines from different theaters which resulted in so many different lines said all at once overlapping and creating the headache that was THAT track.  Now, with only three casts around in the LA Area due to theater closing and Drama in the Rocky Community, those lines have now been consolidated where they would not be a so called "line war" and if a new track was recorded, then it would be a heckuva lot better than the 20th anniversary disc.

Check Out my Webseries "Laserdisc Memories" at  http://www.laserdiscmemories.com

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   MielR

MielR

Supporting Actor

• 990 posts

Posted October 19 2010 - 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Eric Scott Richard 

Which version is included...UK, US, or both?

Both, according to the Fox site. Posted Image

SAVE STAR WARS! BOYCOTT THE BLU-RAYS! "Like" us here:

http://www.facebook....ycotttheblurays

#10 of 13 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted October 21 2010 - 04:41 AM

Not only did they replace the vocals on Over at the Frankenstein Place with an alternate take that doesn't sync up, they also changed the Floor Show vocals. This affects the 7.1 track. HOWEVER, they also changed the Time Warp reprise on the MONO! Why?

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   MielR

MielR

Supporting Actor

• 990 posts

Posted October 21 2010 - 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein 

And, if Amazon has the right product (wrong artwork is

showing) on its page the Blu-ray is going for under $19.
    I would snatch it up before they figure out that they are

selling a $35 set for under $19.

I don't think it's a mistake- the Fox site has it listed for $17.99 IIRC.

SAVE STAR WARS! BOYCOTT THE BLU-RAYS! "Like" us here:

http://www.facebook....ycotttheblurays

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,461 posts
    • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted October 21 2010 - 06:56 PM

Yes, I got it for $18.99 at Best Buy.  Seems to be averaging around $18-$19 right now.  Great deal.

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,575 posts

Posted October 21 2010 - 11:08 PM

That was the price advertised 3+ months ago before
    the title was even announced.  Was not certain that
    it would sell that low but miraculously it did.

Ronald J Epstein