Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: The Rocky Horror Picture Show 35th Anniversary (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,332 posts

Posted August 04 2010 - 08:54 AM

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,332 posts

Posted August 04 2010 - 08:54 AM

All I can say is....WOW!  This is Fox's first digibook as far as I can tell and it is BEAUTIFUL.  What a great way to commemorate this film. Hope they did a new audience participation video track. If I remember correctly, the one included on the original DVD release was kind of lame.  Been quite a few years since I saw it, but I remember I didn't care for it.  The ones I went to at midnight were far more upbeat. And, if Amazon has the right product (wrong artwork is showing) on its page the Blu-ray is going for under $19. I would snatch it up before they figure out that they are selling a $35 set for under $19.

Ronald J Epstein

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 13 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted August 04 2010 - 11:40 AM

Which version is included...UK, US, or both?

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,045 posts

Posted August 05 2010 - 08:51 AM

The press release only mentions the 7.1 track.  I hope the original mono track is included as well, as it was on DVD.

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   felipenor

felipenor

Stunt Coordinator

• 130 posts

Posted August 06 2010 - 04:23 AM

Digibook! Great!

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

• 1,830 posts

Posted August 06 2010 - 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein 
Hope they did a new audience participation video track.

If I remember correctly, the one included on the original

DVD release was kind of lame.  Been quite a few years

since I saw it, but I remember I didn't care for it.  The

ones I went to at midnight were far more upbeat.

The Audence Partici-pation track dates back to the 20th Anniversary LaserDisc Box set, so it is a bit outdated.  Audience responses are very regional in their character, as well as (of course) dictated by pop culture references of the time.  The one thing that surprised me was that the recording session for the a/p track had the audience watching a print of the widely circulated 'Time Warp Encore Ending' release, while the film's audio used the instrumental version (a group of guys sing 'Dentist' from "Little Shop Of Horrors" during Little Nell's 'Tap Dance' sequence - it's quite funny in proper context).  The laserdisc audio was also a split track - the DVD mix was blended in...ideally I thought the DVD mix should have been a 4.0 mix with the film in remastered stereo at the front, and audience track exclusively in the rear (just like the 'servants entrance',)

I don't like SPAM!

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   SD_Brian

SD_Brian

Supporting Actor

• 589 posts

Posted October 06 2010 - 01:04 PM

There was an audience participation "soundtrack to the soundtrack" LP released in the early 80's and I'm hoping this is the "vintage call back track" they plan to use. The participation track on the DVD was migraine-inducing. On the LP, you could actually understand what the audience was saying rather than the anarchy of the midnight screening presented on the DVD.

The CD version is still available at Amazon  

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   zackscott5

zackscott5

Stunt Coordinator

• 90 posts

Posted October 07 2010 - 03:01 AM

The reason why the audience participation track on the 20th anniversary DVD was so migrane inducing was because Fox cast several different Rocky Horror casts from the LA area to do it, without knowing that there was different lines from different theaters which resulted in so many different lines said all at once overlapping and creating the headache that was THAT track.  Now, with only three casts around in the LA Area due to theater closing and Drama in the Rocky Community, those lines have now been consolidated where they would not be a so called "line war" and if a new track was recorded, then it would be a heckuva lot better than the 20th anniversary disc.
Check Out my Webseries "Laserdisc Memories" at  http://www.laserdiscmemories.com

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   MielR

MielR

Advanced Member

• 991 posts

Posted October 19 2010 - 05:11 PM

[quote]Originally Posted by Eric Scott Richard [url=/forum/thread/302828/tcfhe-press-release-the-rocky-horror-picture-show-35th-anniversary-blu-ray#post_3717155]

SAVE STAR WARS! BOYCOTT THE BLU-RAYS! "Like" us here:

http://www.facebook....ycotttheblurays

#10 of 13 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted October 21 2010 - 04:41 AM

Not only did they replace the vocals on Over at the Frankenstein Place with an alternate take that doesn't sync up, they also changed the Floor Show vocals. This affects the 7.1 track. HOWEVER, they also changed the Time Warp reprise on the MONO! Why?

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   MielR

MielR

Advanced Member

• 991 posts

Posted October 21 2010 - 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein 

And, if Amazon has the right product (wrong artwork is

showing) on its page the Blu-ray is going for under $19.
I would snatch it up before they figure out that they are

selling a $35 set for under $19.

I don't think it's a mistake- the Fox site has it listed for $17.99 IIRC.

SAVE STAR WARS! BOYCOTT THE BLU-RAYS! "Like" us here:

http://www.facebook....ycotttheblurays

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,721 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted October 21 2010 - 06:56 PM

Yes, I got it for $18.99 at Best Buy.  Seems to be averaging around $18-$19 right now.  Great deal.

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,332 posts

Posted October 21 2010 - 11:08 PM

That was the price advertised 3+ months ago before the title was even announced.  Was not certain that it would sell that low but miraculously it did.

Ronald J Epstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users