-

Photo
- - - - -

Lionsgate Press Release: Winter's Bone (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,002 posts

Posted August 03 2010 - 07:40 AM

Winter's Bone

Winter's Bone, the critically acclaimed thriller that has kept audiences and critics on the edge of their seats this summer, will make its debut on DVD, Blu-ray, Digital Download and On Demand this fall from Lionsgate. Based on the novel by Daniel Woodrell, the film stars Jennifer Lawrence (The Burning Plain) in a performance that's been called "mesmerizing" (Entertainment Weekly). Co-starring John Hawkes (HBO's "Deadwood"), the tension-filled drama follows a teenage girl (Lawrence) who sets off on a danger-filled journey through rural Missouri to find her missing father. Hailed as "one of the year's best films" (Roger Ebert), Winter's Bone rates an impressive 95% "Fresh" rating on Rotten Tomatoes (as of 7/28/10) and was the Grand Jury Prize winner at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival.  The Winter's Bone DVD and Blu-ray Disc contains deleted scenes, an audio commentary, a "making-of" featurette, a location featurette, visual scouting notes plus a music video.

After her deadbeat father jumps bail and mysteriously disappears, 17-year-old Ree Dolly must find a way to track him down or she'll be left without a home or custody of her two young siblings. To avoid losing everything, Ree must hack through the lies and threats looming everywhere in her rural town to piece together the dangerous truth about her father - without getting herself killed - in this taut, pulse-pounding thriller.

Pricing: Blu-ray Disc $27.99

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted August 05 2010 - 01:02 PM

Date ?

Ricahrd

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted August 05 2010 - 01:38 PM

Amazon is now showing Oct. 26 (but they had nothing at the time of the press release).

COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,702 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 05 2010 - 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Reuben 

Amazon is now showing Oct. 26 (but they had nothing at the time of the press release).

Right, the other day when I added this title to the Blu-ray Release Schedule, Amazon didn't have a release date.  Also, I preordered the title today to take advantage of price that I think is an error on their part.  They have the MSRP of it for only 27.99 and with 30% off the sale price is 19.49 right now.

Edit:  Did some further checking and the press release for the BRD has the MSRP as 27.99 too.  I wonder why its priced so low compared to other new releases from Lionsgate?

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Claire Panke

Claire Panke

Second Unit

• 409 posts

Posted September 21 2010 - 12:36 PM

"I wonder why its priced so low compared to other new releases from Lionsgate?"

I suspect to cash in on critical buzz and build steam for awards season,

Winter's Bone is my favorite American film of the year so far - a superb adpatation of a great book that stands completely on its own as cinema.