Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Thick of It (BBC)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Scott D S

Scott D S

Supporting Actor

• 827 posts

Posted July 31 2010 - 04:26 AM

A film called In the Loop premiered on Showtime a few months ago and I was instantly hooked! It's a dark (and quite profane!) political satire and I subsequently learned that it was a spin-off of an equally dark and profane BBC show titled The Thick of It.

According to this site, it's being speculated that the show will make it to region 1 DVD next year.

Has anyone heard of this show or any possible future US DVD release?

#2 of 4 Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted July 31 2010 - 04:50 AM

Know the show slightly, but haven't heard of a U.S. video release. I agree that the film is hilarious. The screenplay got an Oscar nomination. There's a decent Blu-ray from MPI/IFC.

COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#3 of 4 Jonathan Kaye

Jonathan Kaye

Second Unit

• 399 posts

Posted August 03 2010 - 10:46 PM

The Thick Of It is an utterly brilliant comedy, a sort of Yes, Minister / Yes, Prime Minister  with added shouty sweariness. It captures perfectly the dominance of political spin in modern British politics.

"There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes" - The Doctor.

#4 of 4 Scott D S

Scott D S

Supporting Actor

• 827 posts

Posted April 14 2012 - 07:26 AM

Here we are a year and a half later... I was cruising the upcoming artwork on The Digital Bits and found this: http://www.amazon.com/Thick-of-It-Seasons-1-3/dp/B005SH63BA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334431458&sr=8-1 http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/ No specs or features yet but it shows a 9/25/12 release date!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users