Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Shout Factory Press Release: Starcrash (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,068 posts

Posted July 30 2010 - 01:43 AM

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted July 30 2010 - 06:01 AM

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

[b][b] Can't wait.

Ironically, I'm going to be hitting the road for a month and a half when this finally streets so I won't be able to see it until I finally get home in late October. It's going to be very difficult trying to focus on work when I know this is out there.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Fritz Nilsen

Fritz Nilsen

Second Unit

• 420 posts

Posted July 30 2010 - 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Paul_Scott 

Never knew Drew Struzan did poster art for this-

Here's one:

Posted Image

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted July 31 2010 - 03:04 PM

Fritz- thanks for digging that up.That doesn't look to me like it would have been one of his stronger pieces, but cool to see nonetheless.

I've seen a bunch of the international ones and none of them were all that impressive to me. Out of all of them, I like the typical US art (that Shout is using here) the best- although there is really no likeness there with Munro.

It's going to be great to finally toss out that French disc set. In the absence of any other alternative it was appreciated, but when Synapse released their first trailer collection with this film on there, it was easy to see how lacking it was. At one point I think Synapse had put a bid in on it, but claimed they wanted way too much to license this one.

And then a couple years ago, just before BCI folded, they announced they would be putting this out on a double feature disc with Galaxina. I don't how they could have accomplished that given what Don May jr had said about the cost of the rights, but in any case I didn't expect to see it and was happy they didn't release it after all.

Ironically, I think Cliff Mac was heading up BCI at that time, and is now overseeing the Corman stuff at Shout!. Stephan Romano, who put out an interesting book and disc set with faux exploitation trailers and one-sheets, titled Shock Festival, is producing this disc, and it looks like he went all out.

the last four  months of the year are looking packed, but this is one of the releases I'm most excited for.

No way it will live up to my anticipation for it, but what the hell- in that respect, it will be just like I was 12 years old again. It didn't live up to my anticipation then either

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users