What's new

Human Target 2010 Comic-Con recap (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I for one am glad Human Target is returning for Season 2, but a bit worried that it has been given the kiss of death by getting the Friday 8PM time slot on Fox. We have lot a lot of good shows to that time slot. The new producer feels he can make it work in that slot, but that remains to be seen. I had a lot of fun watching the first season and was worried that it may not get renewed.

The panel had new executive producer Matthew Miller (formerly with Chuck) and the three leads:

Mark Valley (plays Christopher Chance)

Chi McBride (plays Winston)
Jackie Earle Haley (plays Guerrero)

They get a new boss/owner named Ilsa played by Indira Varma. She is the wife of a billionaire that they had as a client and she decides to buy the company. This leads to new locations and new "billionaire toys" that they get to interact with. Look for another yet-to-be-cast female to join the team as well.

All cases in the first few episodes will impact series regulars:

• Chance has to protect a woman who's husband he killed seven years ago
  • A nice guy with amnesia comes to the team to find out why people are trying to kill him
    Turns out he deserves it as he isn't that nice of a guy after all

• Baptiste (Lennie James) returns in episode 4:
    In a 48 hours type plot, Chance needs to rescue a woman, but needs Baptiste's help and he is in a Soviet prison.
Other Questions:

Q: What is Chances' weakness?

A: He needs people to believe in him, and he is scared of betrayal.

Q: What does Mark (Chance) like best about the show?

A: The fact that it is constantly improving.

Q: Was Guerrero meant to be a permanent member of the cast and will we ever get his full story?

A: His role grew as the show progressed, and he is most interesting when he is shrouded in mystery.

Q: Did Katherine die in the boat explosion

A:

All you saw was a boat exploding

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I, too, enjoy Human Target very much and was delighted Fox decided to give it a new half-season (13 episodes).

Unfortunately, they have also given it the time slot of death - Friday at 8. I'm afraid these next thirteen shows may be the last we'll ever get.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Mark Valley enthusiastically discusses the fun of shooting Human Target (a show I ordered on Blu-ray based on the fun of this panel and the season one recap they showed at Comic-Con).

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Jackie Earle Haley, a popular actor and character on the show, talks about how his character remains a part of the action even though he is not officially part of the team on the show.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I'll put my posts above in the thread where you add your coverage, Adam...

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Was there any word on the female computer expert character that we saw in a couple of episodes?

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Neil - I don't recall any specific mention of that character during the panel discussion. The producer did say, however, that there would be some clients from season one (and othe characters) that we would see again in season two.

Originally Posted by NeilO

Was there any word on the female computer expert character that we saw in a couple of episodes?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The new season started last Friday? How did I not know abou this? Arrgh! I took a half day off Friday becaus of a dental appointment, stopped at the pharmacy to pick up a pain pill prescription, came home, unplugged the phone, took two pills and went to bed. After I reconnected the phone on Saturday I found a voice mail from a friend of mine saying that there was a new episode airing the night before. I know I can catch up on-line, but I hate streaming TV on a 17" computer monitor or watching fuzzy VGA blown up on a 720p 56" screen.

If there were any promos, I missed them, because I don't usually watch reruns of shows I've already seen, so other than Lie to Me there's nothing new on Fox that I'm watching right now.

Next episode is 9/17. I hope they replay the first episode before then.

Regards,

Joe

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino

The new season started last Friday?

Huh? Human Target season two starts on October 2nd.

http://www.ksitetv.com/fox-delays-the-return-of-human-target/

You're safe, Joe :)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
The episode broadcast last Friday was from Season 1. "Rewind" to be precise, production code 105, but the second broadcast episode with Chance and Winston aboard a plane trying to protect a hacker from an assassin. Like Josh said, you didn't miss a new episode.

BTW, the second season premieres on October 1st.

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Ken_McAlinden

Despite the delay, I think this is a net plus as Wednesday tends to be less of a program graveyard than Friday.

No question about that point. The only problem I have is that I watched NBC's Undercovers which has the same Wednesday timeslot so I'll be DVRing two programs at the same time. However, I have a feeling that Undercovers might be kicked to the curve too for low ratings.

Crawdaddy

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
This is excellent news for Human Target, bad news for Good Guys which will be stuck after House reruns on Fox Fridays. Good Guys was one of my favorite shows over the summer. Crawdaddy, I haven't seen Undercovers yet, but I have the first two episodes DVRd.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil Middlemiss

Neil - I don't recall any specific mention of that character during the panel discussion. The producer did say, however, that there would be some clients from season one (and othe characters) that we would see again in season two.
And I just realized why she won't be making any major appearances on The Human Target. Autumn Reeser is playing the wife's sidekick on No Ordinary Family.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks