What's new

Gladiator BD exchange (1 Viewer)

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
Has anyone heard back from Paramount on the Gladiator BD exchange?

I have left two voice mails, and sent two e-mails, with no response.
When I called the customer service number, (888) 889-9456, this morning, the mailbox is full.

willh51

Agent
Real Name
Will
I also shot them an e-mail and left a voicemail. I haven't heard back either but I suspect they're trying to get some replacement discs ready. I suspect we'll get some kind of response or start seeing return envelopes in our mailboxes sometime soon.

dvdirv

Grip
Real Name
Irv Haas
When you call the 323 number, you will get a recording with instructions on sending an email to Paramount. They will then send you specific return information--no date on how long this process will take.

The email address you need to send is to: [email protected].

You need to provide them with your name, address and phone number. I emailed them 2 days ago and have not heard anything back.

Hope this helps!

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
There is now a new number for replacement discs. (888) 889-9456

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Originally Posted by Robert Harris
There is now a new number for replacement discs. (888) 889-9456
Thanks Robert.

Looks like instead of mailing us a return envelope, you will be required to mail disc 1 to them and they will send out a replacement. Can't say I'm too thrilled about paying to ship it to them. Here's the address I was given:

PHE MKT
c/o Deluxe Media Management
P.O. Box 801464
Valencia, CA 91380-1464

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
This is one of those activities I cannot participate in. /img/vbsmilies/htf/angry.gif

Next time I visit the US, I hope I can find it in a B&M shop, or else, perhaps one of the on-line vendors will start to offer the new version.

Cees

Robert George

Screenwriter
Cees,

This new transfer is already available over in your neck of the woods. I know Mediadis has (or had) it in stock over a week ago, and the first screen caps posted on the 'net were from a guy somewhere around you (Holland, Belgium, I dunno, I get them mixed up ;)).

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Robert,

I'll look into that. Would be a nice surprise. Thanks!

Cees

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony
Originally Posted by Todd H
Thanks Robert.

Looks like instead of mailing us a return envelope, you will be required to mail disc 1 to them and they will send out a replacement. Can't say I'm too thrilled about paying to ship it to them. Here's the address I was given:

PHE MKT
P.O. Box 801464
Valencia, CA 91380-1464
Do you need to call in and register for this, or can we just send our disc and info to the address you provided?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
No need to call. Just send the disc along with your address and phone # to the P.O. Box provided by Robert. Hopefully the turnaround to receive the remastered disc won't be too long.

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
This sucks. We leave messages, send e-mails, and hear nothing, and now, it seems like we send a disc, and hope they get it, and do something. What was seemingly handled well, is not giving me a warm fuzzy. I sat on hold for over 30 minutes on that 888 number, and nobody ever answered.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by Jeff Brooks
This sucks. We leave messages, send e-mails, and hear nothing, and now, it seems like we send a disc, and hope they get it, and do something. What was seemingly handled well, is not giving me a warm fuzzy. I sat on hold for over 30 minutes on that 888 number, and nobody ever answered.
Yea, it does.

They dont REALLY want to give you a free disc. They want you to buy the damn thing again, cause its to much trouble to exchange it.

Shout Factory had 2 minutes missing from the first disc of its recent Dragnet 68. They have an exchange for it. You just e mail them your name, adress, and phone number. Then 3 days later i had a new disc!
Didnt even have to send the old one back...but i would of if they sent a mailer.
I emailed Paramount, and Shout on the same day! Still have not heard from Paramount!

Paramount, if Shout can have it together, why cant a BIG studio do it right too?

And i know more people would buy Gladiator, than Dragnet 68. But Paramount is a bigger company. Warner had it together for the 3rd Matrix movie exchange!

Greg_D_R

Stunt Coordinator
Guys, do not waste your time calling or emailing. Just send your Gladiator disc 1 to the address below.

I'd be very surprised if any retailer would exchange the discs. This is a PHE exchange program.

Originally Posted by Todd H
Thanks Robert.

PHE MKT
P.O. Box 801464
Valencia, CA 91380-1464

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony
Originally Posted by Brent M
No need to call. Just send the disc along with your address and phone # to the P.O. Box provided by Robert. Hopefully the turnaround to receive the remastered disc won't be too long.
Cool, thanks!

dvdirv

Grip
Real Name
Irv Haas
I just called the 888 number and shock--I was talking to a real human who verified Todd H's information about sending disc 1 to them. I was told this process should take a few weeks. The rep provided the exact same address as in Todd H's post.

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
Shock! I just received a phone call from them, verifying that I needed to send them Disc 1, (at my expense, of course). He verified that I had a white barcode label on the package and not yellow. He also wanted me to read him the mice type on the inside ring of the back of the disc! (Good luck with that!) I did not get a warm fuzzy; but, I would suggest everyone use tracking. He could not even tell me who to call back to, if i wanted to check the status. I am sending mine out tomorrow. We will see how it goes.
The address information stated previously for the US IS correct. Good luck, all. I will come back here and update when I hear anything else.

marsnkc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrew
Originally Posted by Jeff Brooks
Shock! I just received a phone call from them, verifying that I needed to send them Disc 1, (at my expense, of course). He verified that I had a white barcode label on the package and not yellow. He also wanted me to read him the mice type on the inside ring of the back of the disc! (Good luck with that!) I did not get a warm fuzzy; but, I would suggest everyone use tracking. He could not even tell me who to call back to, if i wanted to check the status. I am sending mine out tomorrow. We will see how it goes.
The address information stated previously for the US IS correct. Good luck, all. I will come back here and update when I hear anything else.
Ditto for me, Jeff. As to the 'mice type', the girl said it started with an 'A' but suggested I use a magnifying glass to read it...!!! I have one but wasn't about to dig it out so she let it pass.
She also asked me to include the receipt with the disc. Since I bought it from Amazon I was able to download a copy.
I greatly appreciate Paramount's efforts but wish they'd gone the same route as they did with 'Ryan'. That spoiled me. In that case Paramount mailed out a return envelope which in the end I didn't need because Amazon had already emailed me instructions to download a pre-paid return slip for a refund on the old copy, then gave a $5 instant rebate to order the remastered one 'for the inconvenience suffered'. Can't beat that!

Greg_D_R

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by marsnkc
gave a $5 instant rebate to order the remastered one 'for the inconvenience suffered'. Can't beat that!
Well, this one's our fault, because "some enthusiasts may prefer to view it without the Edge Enhancement and DVNR implemented as standard process in bringing the film to hi-def."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks