Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Will WB ever release Yogi Bear and Tom & Jerry on Blu-ray?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   happyfa5

happyfa5

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted July 25 2010 - 07:12 AM

Do you Hanna-Barbera junkies out there think that the smarter than the average bear Yogi and ever-popular cat and mouse superstars Tom and Jerry will have a future on BLU-RAY from Warner Brothers?

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,917 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted July 25 2010 - 08:40 AM

While I would love to see it, I don't see any of these on Blu-ray in a "picinic basket" neat you anytime soon.  There just isn't a market for it yet, I don't think enough people would upgrade their DVDs to BD.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 582 posts

Posted July 25 2010 - 01:54 PM

With regard to classic animation, it would seem to me that WB would do a Looney Tunes Blu-ray release before any of the HB stuff.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Joe Tor1

Joe Tor1

Second Unit

• 424 posts

Posted July 25 2010 - 03:57 PM

When WB finally decides to complete THE HUCKLEBERRY HOUND SHOW and finds a way to give us Quick Draw McGraw outside of Saturday Morning Cartoon Collections, then we can begin to think about other things.

And I fear It'll be a long time in coming!

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 696 posts

Posted July 25 2010 - 06:10 PM

The topic title is misleading.  I thought an announcement had come out that they were coming to blu-ray.  The only Yogi Bear release that will be on blu-ray any time soon will be the theatrical movie that is coming out in December when it hits home video in the spring.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Joe Tor1

Joe Tor1

Second Unit

• 424 posts

Posted July 26 2010 - 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Chenoweth 

The topic title is misleading.  I thought an announcement had come out that they were coming to blu-ray.  The only Yogi Bear release that will be on blu-ray any time soon will be the theatrical movie that is coming out in December when it hits home video in the spring.

Good point, Greg!  There should be some thought put into titling a post.  Or moderation should suggest modifying misleading ones. It was MY first impression too!

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,917 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted July 26 2010 - 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Joe Tor1 
Good point, Greg!  There should be some thought put into titling a post.  Or moderation should suggest modifying misleading ones. It was MY first impression too!

Sorry I didn't catch that when I initially responded.  I have renamed the thread.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt

Second Unit

• 400 posts

Posted July 26 2010 - 05:58 AM

Frankly, I'd like to see WB do Tom and Jerry properly on DVD first. Unrestored, edited and incomplete sets such as the Spotlight Collections are not what I consider done.

I have yet to pick up any T&J DVDs as a result.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,954 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted July 26 2010 - 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Traveling Matt 

Frankly, I'd like to see WB do Tom and Jerry properly on DVD first. Unrestored, edited and incomplete sets such as the Spotlight Collections are not what I consider done.

I have yet to pick up any T&J DVDs as a result.

AMEN! although i have all of the spotlight collections, and the Chuck Jones set, they really never have been done in what i would say is the correct way, i have posted many time on that subject alone Just the Theatricals.

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision