Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 7-27-2010

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#21 of 33 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted July 27 2010 - 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

I DEFINITELY understand someone asking themselves that question!  I can relate.
When Shout! announced they were resuming individual season sets of Leave It to Beaver (with season 3) and that they would release the series set at just about the same time as S3, i was adamant that I would just buy the individual season sets when they were released.  After all, I can be patient when I need to be!  /img/vbsmilies/htf/wink.gif  However, when an incredible deal at B&N.com showed up..knocking down the price of the series set to the same as maybe 2 1/2 of the season sets, I couldn't resist.  The frugality in me took over.

I would bet the complete series of BSG will become available now and again for a seriously good bargain price...

Oh, just my luck I'd either wait until a good price came along on one, grab it and then an even better prices comes along on the other.  Way of my life.  /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif

The other OTHER part is that, in my line of work, I'm confronted every day with absolute need to hoard as much money as humanly possible.  I spent my 20's doing really stupid stuff and getting myself out of financial jams.  I'm 31 now, in a new place and I need to be smarter with the dollars.  Retirement is only 30-something years away after all.  Not to mention wanting a house and stuff before I go gray...

#22 of 33 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,213 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 28 2010 - 01:55 AM

I was already gray in my 20s (Irish/Dutch heritage)...so I was way ahead of the curve.

Good luck with keeping your head above the financial sharks.  I think we've all had our share of problems with money.  This hobby doesn't make things any eaiser...  /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#23 of 33 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted July 28 2010 - 02:25 AM

I was already gray in my 20s (Irish/Dutch heritage)...so I was way ahead of the curve. 

Gray is cool!

(And that is one of the most self-serving statements I will make . . . today. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif )

COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#24 of 33 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 28 2010 - 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

Good luck with keeping your head above the financial sharks.  I think we've all had our share of problems with money.  This hobby doesn't make things any eaiser...  /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif

The sucking vacuum in my bank account laughs at you single-hobby amateurs!!!

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#25 of 33 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,874 posts

Posted July 28 2010 - 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman 

The sucking vacuum in my bank account laughs at you single-hobby amateurs!!!

/img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif  No kidding, aye?! /img/vbsmilies/htf/eek.gif /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#26 of 33 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted July 28 2010 - 03:21 PM

Funny you mention going gray, Mike.  (You too, Michael.)  I look back at pictures of me ten years ago when I was 21...full head of hair.  In the intervening time, it's slowly gone away until I decided to just go with the shaved look full time about four years ago.  My father has a full head of hair.  My uncles and cousins and grandmothers...yup.  Me?  Not so much.

It's hard to remember hair after not having it for a while.  /img/vbsmilies/htf/wink.gif

#27 of 33 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,213 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 28 2010 - 03:40 PM

We all have our own crosses to bear.     /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#28 of 33 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,213 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 28 2010 - 03:44 PM

Matt's review of Stargate Universe: SG-U 1.5 has now been linked-to above.

#29 of 33 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,760 posts

Posted July 28 2010 - 03:47 PM

FYI - Crouching Tiger on Best Buy's website (as of earlier today) is $16.99. If you go to customer service and tell them that, they'll price match with no hassle. I've done this a few times at different Best Buys and never had a problem.

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#30 of 33 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted July 28 2010 - 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlo Medina 

FYI - Crouching Tiger on Best Buy's website (as of earlier today) is $16.99. If you go to customer service and tell them that, they'll price match with no hassle. I've done this a few times at different Best Buys and never had a problem.

I've actually had them do the BB.com price match right at the register at least twice.  It's a YMMV since it takes a bit of work to get it done.

#31 of 33 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,760 posts

Posted July 28 2010 - 05:21 PM

Yeah Jason I've had the cashier either not know how to do it, or flat out refuse and send me to customer service. Ever since then, I just go straight to CS so I don't end up waiting in two lines.

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#32 of 33 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted July 29 2010 - 05:23 PM

In the cashier's defense, doing the online price match at the register does require a bit of leg work and if there's a lot of people in line, prolly not worth the hassle.  So yeah, I hate being "that guy" who holds the line up.

#33 of 33 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted July 30 2010 - 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Fisher 

Woo-Hoo!!! Lets hear it for end of the world disaster films!!!!................Crack in the World!!!! for me!!!!

I used to watch this as a kid. Got to see it on the silver screen a few years back in NJ. /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

Can't wait for the ship notice from Amazon and it's arrival on Tuesday!!!

I am just too excited about a B-movie release....am I?

I guess whoever made that movie never heard of "Plate Tectonics". /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif

It's still a fun movie to watch. /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 38,106 :biggrin: ( 806 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,426  :biggrin: Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)