Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Can't Connect To Home Wireless Network; Dummy Needs Help!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson

Second Unit

• 445 posts

Posted July 22 2010 - 02:50 PM

Hi Dudes,

I'm using Windows 7, and I can't connect wirelessly to my home wireless network. Win7 doesn't even give me a list of available wireless networks in the vicinity, just shows that I'm connected by ethernet cable (doesn't show the name of the network, either). The host PC is in the basement and is governed by XP. A laptop running Win 7 here has no difficulty accessing the network wirelessly. What gives? I've updated the LAN driver for my motherboard (Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, Atheros® L1E Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET 2), which I assume is able to operate wirelessly. Or am I incorrect? Do I need a PCI adapter card (or USB)?

Thanks for any help you might offer, and cheers.

DS

"Buncha slack-jawed faggots around here! This stuff'll make ya a goddam sexual tyrannasorse...just like me!"

-The former Gov. Ventura

See It...In StrotoVision!!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,120 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted July 23 2010 - 03:02 AM

Dave:

Sounds to me like your NIC doesn't have the drivers it needs for wireless operation. If you have installed the drivers and it still doesn't work I am not sure. Personally I use wireless USB connections with no problems.

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson

Second Unit

• 445 posts

Posted July 23 2010 - 05:29 AM

Thanks for replying, Parker. Turns out my mobo doesn't support wireless, so off I go to get a PCI adapter or a USB thingie.

Problem solved, so kindly delete or lock this thread as you see fit. Cheers.

DS

"Buncha slack-jawed faggots around here! This stuff'll make ya a goddam sexual tyrannasorse...just like me!"

-The former Gov. Ventura

See It...In StrotoVision!!