What's new

Rizzoli & Isles Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I've enjoyed the first two episodes and definitely will continue to watch.

Certainly it is a tried and true formula but the leads are interesting and McGill is a wonderful character actor.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'm enjoying it too. I thought from the ads that they knew each other when they were kids, but it doesn't seem that way.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
It's good fun. Not the best show on this summer, but good filler and pretty upbeat. Angie Harmon is just right for this kind of role; I thought the same when she was Law & Order. Love the soundtrack also.

Kazz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I'm also enjoying the show. This episode was pretty good especially when Bruce McGill had a subtle dig at myself being in Animal House.

This was the first time in a long time I was able to watch it on live instead of TNT's website. I'm loving the fact my job at a marketing firm got the campaign for this show. I'm really enjoying the show so far. Plus it looks like it's be pick up for another season.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
One of my favourite shows on TV at the moment, Rizzoli & Isles. The cast really gel well together. Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander have really good screen chemistry, the young, male detective is likeable and not annoying and Bruce McGill is very good (quite funny at times).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Last week's episode, a sequel to the pilot episode, was an involving story. However, the story didn't go the way I was expecting and so was surprised by the direction the story went, with the ending leaving things open for a follow-up.

Based on what I've read on here, the last two episodes of the first season go off the boil. How has the second season gone so far? Didn't realise they had been given a longer second season, consisting of 15 episodes with the next episode due to premiere on TNT three weeks today (28th November) (source: EpGuides.com).

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I found the second season (thus far) more secure dramatically. It's not a great series, and the mysteries aren't air-tight, but it's an enjoyable show.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
WaveCrest said:
Last week's episode, a sequel to the pilot episode, was an involving story. However, the story didn't go the way I was expecting and so was surprised by the direction the story went, with the ending leaving things open for a follow-up. Based on what I've read on here, the last two episodes of the first season go off the boil. How has the second season gone so far? Didn't realise they had been given a longer second season, consisting of 15 episodes with the next episode due to premiere on TNT three weeks today (28th November) (source: EpGuides.com).
I didn't know they had an episode last week. And when you go to TNT to view it, now you have to have a paid service through your cable provider, you can't even can't from IMDB, where you used to be able to click a link there and it viewed with Hulu. Money-grubbers! What was the name of the episode? Any re-air dates coming up? This season is pretty good. It's kinda funny how they wanted to drop her father from the show, so wham, Mom and Dad are separating/divorcing.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon John

I didn't know they had an episode last week. And when you go to TNT to view it, now you have to have a paid service through your cable provider, you can't even can't from IMDB, where you used to be able to click a link there and it viewed with Hulu. Money-grubbers!
What was the name of the episode? Any re-air dates coming up?
This season is pretty good. It's kinda funny how they wanted to drop her father from the show, so wham, Mom and Dad are separating/divorcing.

Referring to another channel which shows Rizzoli & Isles. If you've seen the first season or remember it, you should be able to guess what the episode is, based on what I posted in my previous post. But the episode was called "I'm Your Boogie Man".

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
OK, I thought you were saying they did an extra, new episode, (outside of any season), that was a prequel.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon John

OK, I thought you were saying they did an extra, new episode, (outside of any season), that was a prequel.

No, what I was posting about was an episode just before the end of the first season which was a sequel to the pilot episode. Hoping Billy Burke's character returns at some point. In the sequel episode, even though you found out towards the end of the pilot he was a good guy, in the sequel it was like going back to square one partway through the episode.

Good idea though, a prequel (even though flashback clips and scenes were seen in both the pilot and "I'm Your Boogie Man").

Would like to see a feature length episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks