Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Things I've noticed about HTF since returning.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#101 of 108 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted July 31 2010 - 02:04 PM

Welcome back.

Michael will be unhappy that I did not go into more detail.

"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#102 of 108 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted July 31 2010 - 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Henry Gale 

Welcome back.

Michael will be unhappy that I did not go into more detail.

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#103 of 108 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,734 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted July 31 2010 - 04:54 PM

Quote: By Man
Ok. No mo caffeine for Dana and Bryan.

Quote: By Mike Frezon
Phew! I'm glad I wasn't included in that group!

Man probably figured the withdrawals would kill ya'!

Maybe if you started slowly, used a caffeine patch /img/vbsmilies/htf/drool.gif, saw a hypnotist /img/vbsmilies/htf/sleep.gif, etc., we can get you off the stuff by the time I catch you in post count! What was that? 2049 or so? /img/vbsmilies/htf/alien.gif

"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#104 of 108 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,211 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 31 2010 - 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by gene c 

Maybe if you started slowly, used a caffeine patch /img/vbsmilies/htf/drool.gif, saw a hypnotist /img/vbsmilies/htf/sleep.gif, etc., we can get you off the stuff by the time I catch you in post count! What was that? 2049 or so? /img/vbsmilies/htf/alien.gif

Probably 2050 now.

Oooops!  There's another post!  /img/vbsmilies/htf/crazy.gif

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#105 of 108 OFFLINE   Max Leung

Max Leung

Producer

• 4,612 posts

Posted August 03 2010 - 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Briggs 

It was at the very beginning of the format war that, for a number of other reasons, I had to cease posting here. And what is being described sounds like so many other thread attempts gone bad from the days of yore. I am sort of glad I missed out on the Blu-ray-vs.-HD-DVD mess.

Jack, same reason for me - well sort of - I went to that "other" forum to 'fight' the future there!

But another reason why my postings dropped to a trickle here was that I spent a huge amount of time on my HTPC and writing thousands of posts on HTPC setup and technical discussion.

I really do miss the folks here though - technical discussions can be tiring and at the end of the day, I just want to watch a movie/show!

BTW it's great to see so many of the veterans here. Wow some of you even became mods!

I feel somewhat embarrassed by my dating advice - my wife showed me my posts from back in the day! But hey, I guess it worked for me. :)

Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him...a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gamesh....

#106 of 108 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,211 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted August 03 2010 - 04:29 PM

Hey, Max!

Welcome home!  http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Don't be a stranger!  I sure can relate about how "at the end of the day, I just want to watch a movie/show!"

I sometimes feel like I spend too much time putting effort into finding good deals on titles (and even into my time here at the HTF /img/vbsmilies/htf/eek.gif ) rather than sitting down and enjoying all those movies on my shelves.

BTW, there's even a rumor that one mod actually became an owner!  /img/vbsmilies/htf/tongue.gif

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#107 of 108 OFFLINE   Max Leung

Max Leung

Producer

• 4,612 posts

Posted August 03 2010 - 06:12 PM

Heh yeah I think I saw a familiar name, but with "Owner" next to it. :)

Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him...a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gamesh....

#108 of 108 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,790 posts

Posted August 04 2010 - 11:03 AM

Just saw Martin Blythe's name mentioned in a Paramount thread, which triggered a recollection...

There was an influx of horror enthusiasts who joined the HTF to vote in a poll for which titles Paramount would release with the majority voting for Four Flies on Grey Velvet.  

As I recall there was some back and forth over the voting patterns.

(Anyway, just an old HTF memory that popped into my head.)

- Walter.

Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.