What's new

USHE Announcement: Smokey and the Bandit: The 7-Movie Outlaw Collection (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Promotion: Smokey and the Bandit: The 7-Movie Outlaw Collection Headline Date: TBA Release Date: 10/12/2010 SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT: THE 7-MOVIE OUTLAW COLLECTION Product Source: Made for Video Theatrical Studio: Theatrical Release: Synopsis: Strap yourself in for hours of high-speed high jinks and jaw-dropping fun as Smokey and The Bandit: The 7-Movie Outlaw Collection puts you in the driver's seat of the rowdiest road-movie franchise of all time. With the three original movies that turned Burt Reynolds and CB radios into national obsessions and the four television movies that spread Bandit mania to a whole new generation, this seven-movie, four-disc collection puts every legendary performer, every outrageous stunt, every dadgum catchphrase in the whole Bandit universe into one place—yours! DVD Widescreen / Full Frame Multi-Feature(61112642) : Disc 1 (Side A) Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-20512-5-8 Unit Type: Multi-Feature Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 10/12/2010 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 36 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono Subtitles: English SDH French Spanish Edition: - Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen / Full Frame Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: Not Rated PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: DVD Widescreen / Full Frame Multi-Feature(61112642) : Disc 2 (Side A) Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-20512-5-8 Unit Type: Multi-Feature Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 10/12/2010 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 25 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono Subtitles: English SDH French Spanish Edition: - Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen / Full Frame Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: Not Rated PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: DVD Widescreen / Full Frame Multi-Feature(61112642) : Disc 3 (Side A) Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-20512-5-8 Unit Type: Multi-Feature Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 10/12/2010 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): - Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: Subtitles: Edition: - Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen / Full Frame Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: Not Rated PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: DVD Widescreen / Full Frame Multi-Feature(61112642) : Disc 4 (Side A) Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-20512-5-8 Unit Type: Multi-Feature Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 10/12/2010 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): - Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: Subtitles: Edition: - Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen / Full Frame Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: Not Rated PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: DVD Widescreen / Full Frame Multi-Feature(61112642) : Disc 1 (Side A) (Feature 2) Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-20512-5-8 Unit Type: Multi-Feature Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 10/12/2010 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 41 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono Subtitles: English SDH French Spanish Edition: - Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen / Full Frame Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: Not Rated PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: DVD Widescreen / Full Frame Multi-Feature(61112642) : Disc 3 (Side A) (Feature 2) Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-20512-5-8 Unit Type: Multi-Feature Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 10/12/2010 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): - Language: English Disc Type: Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Audio: Subtitles: Edition: - Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen / Full Frame Version: - Color/B&W - Rating: Not Rated PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: DVD Widescreen / Full Frame Multi-Feature(61112642) : Disc 4 (Side A) (Feature 2) Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-20512-5-8 Unit Type: Multi-Feature Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 10/12/2010 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): - Language: English Disc Type: Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Audio: Subtitles: Edition: - Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen / Full Frame Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: Not Rated PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features:

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
It is beyond my comprehension how a major studio continues to make release announcements without actually listing the titles.

It boggles the mind.

However, I will stick with my original Smokey and Smokey 2. Never liked Smokey 3 and not even sure about the made for TV movies.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
The four films starred Brian Bloom as Bandit and Brian Krause as Lynn, Not sure if the 1994 films were ever televised over a national broadcasting company or they were just placed in a package to sell to local stations. Universal TV was the production company. The titles are:

Bandit: Bandit's Silver Angel

Bandit: Bandit Goes Country (I thought the Bandit was always country, not sure why he goes country now. LOL )

Bandit: Bandit's Bandit

Bandit: Beauty and the Bandit

The films had named television celebrities in them such as Donald O'Connor, Tony Curtis, Mel Tills, Elizabeth Berkly, Gary Collins, John Schneider, Mary Ann Mobley, Christopher Atkins, and Charles Nelson Reilly. All four were directed by Hal Needham.

The films do have a strong cult following, of which I am not one. I never did care for TV followups of movies.

On the other hand as a former film buyer for Hard Tops and Ozoners, the four titles would have been a great Dusk-To-Dawn weekend show in the drive-ins of Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, and the Carolina's.

mysticon

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott Armstrong
I am excited by this news. I have been waiting since they originally aired in the early 90's for these to come out. Bloom played a completely different Bandit than Reynolds did in the original movies.

They originally aired as part of the "Universal Action Pack" nationally in syndication. They aired with the original TV movies of "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys."

The "Universal Action Pack" spawned Hercules, Xena, Tek War, Cleopatra 2525 and Jack Of All Trades to name a few.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I just realized there hasn't been a single SE of a Burt Reynolds film released since DVD was introduced. Everything from the "Gator" films from the early 70's through "Stick" has only been available on no-frills, and in some cases, fullscreen-only discs. I mean, even if most of them are schlocky B-movies (I don't see them that way) they still deserve a little better treatment than they've received.

Frank M

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by Luisito34

I just realized there hasn't been a single SE of a Burt Reynolds film released since DVD was introduced.

You should look at this:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/212119/htf-review-the-longest-yard-lockdown-edition

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/263011/htf-dvd-review-deliverance-deluxe-edition

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
While not a film that features Reynolds as its only star, I would add Boogie Nights to the list of SE releases when discussing Reynold's career as it pertains to home video. While it may not feature only Reynolds, it is easily one of the best performances of his career, at least for me.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks