What's new

Warehouse 13 Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Tonight is the season premiere of Warehouse 13 on SyFy, at 9 PM EST.

We shall find out the fate of Artie tonight.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Artie survives! A hectic episode, but enjoyable. Jaime Murray who played H.G. Wells was an interesting twist. My interest level always increases whenever she's on-screen.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
The only thing that bugged me about the episode was the cheap way they got out of the cliffhanger.

Don't get me wrong, I expected something like that, but if they were going to go in that direction, a better way probably would've been to show Artie survive in the finale, and end with a cliffhanger of "if you survived, then who's going to die?" or whatever Pete said exactly.

Otherwise it was a very good premiere, in my opinion.

mike caronia

Second Unit
I liked it as well.

But it seems like the budget was slashed.

All the effects looked really cheap last night.

Was it always like that and I just happened to overlook it last season?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrett Adams

Artie survives! A hectic episode, but enjoyable. Jaime Murray who played H.G. Wells was an interesting twist. My interest level always increases whenever she's on-screen.
She's always involved in some Hustle ....

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Enjoyed the superhero episode. Pete was the ultimate fanboy. Best laugh out loud moment. Was when Pete was all excited to dress up and be the hero and then Claudia tells him the suit may make him impotent. He then hands the suit to Myka and says "Your up Wonder Woman" or something to that affect.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by todd s

I also liked it, for the same reasons you mentioned.

Also liked the episode, "Beyond Our Control" with them trying to find the artifact causing those scenes from movies to come to life.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
With all the crap filling SyFy's schedule, both "Warehouse 13" and "Eureka" are nice bright spots this summer.

Speaking of which

It seems that Claudia will be making an appearance on a future episode of "Eureka".

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Another fun episode Tuesday night. I had to go to the second airing and didn't give it enough padding at the end, and missed the last couple of minutes due to the wrestling overrun. Luckily it was already available OnDemand and I was able to see the last 2 minutes.

I wonder when we'll see more of HG Wells.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
The crossover episode is honestly the dumbest idea they've had in a while. Whichever Syfy executive forced that on them should be fired.

Even just the idea that the shows would exist in the same universe is pretty dumb as far as I'm concerned.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a fun episode and I am willing to suspend any disbelief to enjoy it. I'm looking forward to the Eureka portion of the crossover.
In any case, no matter what happens in Eureka, I bet it will be miles ahead of the The Pretender/Profiler crossovers that had a mostly satisfying conclusion in The Pretender which was completely turned on its head by what happened in Profiler. Those left a bad taste in my mouth and made me want to never watch another episode of Profiler.

Warehouse 13 and Eureka are similar enough in tone that it could that some viewers of one show might want to watch more of the other show after sampling it through the crossover.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Let see, show about a super secret goverment warehouse housing "artifacts" with strange and mysterious powers crossing over with a show about a super secret goverment sponsored R & D facililty which produces some pretty fantastical products. Nope, can't see it all. Really, having Fargo come in for an upgrade of the computers really didn't add much "Eureka" flavor to the Warehouse. Anyone from the goverment geek squad could have set off the events of this episode, which played out like any other episode. Fargo was just a harmless bit of cross promotion. Heck, from a plot perspective, my only suspense of belief was the idea of the head of GD being sent out into the field for a computer upgrade.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
The difference is, the two shows are rooted in entirely different things.

The fantastic stuff that happens on Eureka is scientific in nature, the stuff that happens on Warehouse 13 is more paranormal. I like both shows separately, but it just doesn't make sense on a general level to combine the two. Now you have to open up the possibility to paranormal activity on Eureka, for example... Something that can't be solved by science (no matter how far-fetched that science is). Or maybe mysterious circumstances on Warehouse 13 could come into play that wouldn't be solved by deactivating the artifact, since it could be a mistake of science.

After the second half of the crossover completes, I doubt that will be the direction they go in, but that's exactly what they open themselves up to with a crossover like this, where they now have to say that this is the same universe. I'm sure what's most likely is that after this they'll pretend it never happened, until Syfy forces another crossover.

The shows just stand better on their own, and something like this weakens them both.

It wasn't a bad episode in itself. I just would have preferred if it was some generic government technician (or better yet, just Claudia herself, without Artie's authorization) trying to upgrade the systems.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
...if it was some generic government technician (or better yet, just Claudia herself, without Artie's authorization) trying to upgrade the systems.

I would almost bet that was the original story and some suit from SyFy said "Hey, lets bring in Fargo from "Eureka".

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The second half of the cross over (on Eureka) was also fun, though it didn't quite sync with the Warehouse 13 episode. There was some reference to some events in the Warehouse 13 episode but it wasn't as clean as I would have liked. Still, overall it was a fun experiment.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Tuesday's episode was quite a surprise. They were playing with our previous knowledge of Mark Shepherd. He's been the bad guy so many times, him appearing to have turned bad was completely believable.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Finally caught up on the show, and loved the various time travel references in the episode "Where and When", like the flux capacitor and seeing their reflection on the glass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks