Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: The Simpsons Thirteenth Season (Blu-ray/DVD)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 of 17 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,868 posts

Posted July 06 2010 - 09:10 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image
AMERICA’S FAVORITE ANIMATED FAMILY ARRIVES
WITH ALL-NEW BLU-RAY AND DVD AUGUST 24

Posted Image

THE COMPLETE THIRTEENTH SEASON

Available on DVD In A Collectible Molded Head Packaging Featuring Ralph Wiggum!

Fans Will Be First To Get Their Hands On Limited Edition Early Copies Of Molded Head DVDs To Be Sold Exclusively At San Diego Comic-Con International July 22-25

Posted ImagePosted Image

LOS ANGELES, CA (July 6, 2010) – Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment presents the latest adventures of Ralph Wiggum and all of Springfield’s finest when“The Simpsons” The Complete Thirteenth Season arrives on Blu-ray and DVD August 24. In addition and for the first time ever, fans will be able to purchase the molded head DVD more than a month early at the Fox Booth #4313 at San Diego Comic-Con International between July 22 and July 25. As an added bonus, they will also receive a collectible limited edition lithograph as a gift-with-purchase.

The longest running comedy, animated series and prime-time entertainment in television history, “The Simpsons” has taken home the Emmy® for Outstanding Animated Program 10 times during its remarkable run. The hilarious thirteenth season features 22 episodes including two noteworthy standouts: the Simpsons’ trip to Brazil in “Blame It On Lisa” and Homer’s foray into medicinal marijuana in “Weekend at Burnsie’s.” Once again, a talented line-up of guest stars lend their voices including Ben Stiller, Reese Witherspoon, Richard Gere, Pierce Brosnan, Matthew Perry, R.E.M. and the legendary Paul Newman.

“The Simpsons” immediately struck a chord with viewers across the country as it poked fun of itself and everything in its wake. With its subversive humor and delightful wit, the series has made an indelible imprint on American pop culture, and the family members have become television icons.

“The Simpsons” The Complete Thirteenth Season is packed with special features including deleted scenes, audio commentaries on every episode, featurettes, storyboards, animatics, easter eggs and much more. The Blu-ray release also includes specially created menus with additional animation that does not appear on the DVD. The set comes in collectible packaging modeled after Springfield’s “special” child, Ralph Wiggum. The Blu-ray and DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $59.99 U.S./$89.99 Canada and $49.98 U.S./$69.98 Canada respectively. Prebook is July 28.

All 22 Episodes:
Treehouse of Horror XII   The Latest Gun in the West
The Parent Rap   The Old Man and the Key
Homer the Moe   Tales from the Public Domain
A Hunka Hunka Burns in Love   Blame It On Lisa
The Blunder Years   Weekend at Burnsie’s
She of Little Faith   Gump Roast
Brawl in the Family   I Am Furious Yellow
Sweets and Sour Marge   The Sweetest Apu
Jaws Wired Shut   Little Girl in the Big Ten
Half-Decent Proposal   The Frying Game
The Bart Wants What it Wants   Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge

Special Features:
Audio commentaries on every episode featuring executive producers, writers, directors, cast and notable guest stars on select episodes including Stan Lee, Joe Mantegna, Delroy Lindo, Robert Pinsky and others.
Deleted scenes
Special Featurettes:
  A Token from Matt Groening
  Ralphisms
  The People Ball
  The 13th Crewman
  Blame It On The Monkeys
  The Games
  The Sweet Life of Ralph
Animation Showcases for eps. The Parent Rap and Sweet & Sour Marge
  Animatic with episode PIP
  Storyboard with episode PIP
Sketch Galleries
Commercials
Special Language Feature
Easter Eggs

About “THE SIMPSONS”
“The Simpsons” is a Gracie Films Production in association with 20th Century Fox Television. James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, and Al Jean are the executive producers. The Gracie Films Worldwide Brand Division develops and produces the DVD collections for the series. Film Roman, a Starz Media company, is the animation house.

About TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, LLC (TCFHE) is a recognized global industry leader and a subsidiary of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, a News Corporation company. Representing 75 years of innovative and award-winning filmmaking from Twentieth Century Fox, TCFHE is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming, acquisitions and original productions on DVD, Blu-ray Disc Digital Copy, Video On Demand and Digital Download. The company also releases all products globally for MGM Home Entertainment. Each year TCFHE introduces hundreds of new and newly enhanced products, which it services to retail outlets from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce throughout the world.

“THE SIMPSONS” THE COMPLETE THIRTEENTH SEASON
Street Date: August 24, 2010
Prebook Date: July 28, 2010
Screen Format: Full Screen
Audio: English 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio (BD) / English 5.1 Dolby Surround (DVD)
Subtitles: English / Spanish (BD / DVD)
Total Run Time: 484 minutes
MPAA Rating: NR
Closed Captioned: Yes

Posted ImagePosted Image

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 17 Finn

Finn

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted July 13 2010 - 06:55 PM

We are going to have the DVD molded head set for S13 on sale at SDCC this year, along with a free limited edition poster created exclusively for Comic Con...

@FinnAtFox

#3 of 17 Joe Tor1

Joe Tor1

Second Unit

• 424 posts

Posted July 14 2010 - 03:48 PM

Mr. Finn, I have a question.

For The Simpsons S20, I purchased the Blu-ray edition, and was disappointed that the usual superbly illustrated booklet was not included with the Blu-ray set. 

When I mentioned this in another thread, other posters seemed to indicate that the standard version HAD the booklet.  (I wasn’t about to buy it twice to find out!) 

Will the BR version have the booklet for S13?  If not, I may forego the BR version and purchase the standard version. 

If you can shed any light, it would be appreciated. 

Thank you in advance for anything you can share. 

Total off-topic digression:  For Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Season 4 Volume 2, I’d probably WALK to San Diego… and that’s a long way from the east coast! 

#4 of 17 Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 1,925 posts

Posted July 16 2010 - 05:29 PM

Joe please if I have offended you I am very sorry.  I want Voyage I am just tired tired and that is why I have been silent.  I thought to PM you but this important.  Please we Voyage fans have to stick together.  I just felt forgive the pun drowing out other people. So I get it and I have never been angry or upset for the wakeup call you gave me please believe me.

Mark

#5 of 17 Joe Tor1

Joe Tor1

Second Unit

• 424 posts

Posted July 17 2010 - 12:53 AM

Again, anyone know the story on this? 

For The Simpsons S20, I purchased the Blu-ray edition, and was disappointed that the usual superbly illustrated booklet was not included with the Blu-ray set. 

When I mentioned this in another thread, other posters seemed to indicate that the standard version HAD the booklet.  (I wasn’t about to buy it twice to find out!) 

Will the BR version have the booklet for S13?  If not, I may forego the BR version and purchase the standard version. 

#6 of 17 Finn

Finn

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted July 18 2010 - 04:45 AM

Hey Joe,

Being an avid fan of THE SIMPSONS, I'm sure you are aware that each of our releases for a particular season has a consistent theme (molded head on the DVD sets, one specific character on the cover, etc) With the S20 release, we wanted to have the opportunity to join in with the other divisions of Fox in the celebration of the show's 20th Anniversary so we moved away from the usual model. Long story short, yes S13 will have the booklet and all the elements you have grown to expect.

@FinnAtFox

#7 of 17 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,436 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 18 2010 - 04:50 AM

^ Thanks for the info. I'm glad to see the booklet return as well.

#8 of 17 TV_Fan

TV_Fan

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted July 18 2010 - 06:10 AM

Mr Finn, has it been considered to do a Mr Burns head for an upcoming season release?  I love the character and think it would make a great head for a set /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif

#9 of 17 Joe Tor1

Joe Tor1

Second Unit

• 424 posts

Posted July 18 2010 - 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Finn 

Hey Joe,

Being an avid fan of THE SIMPSONS, I'm sure you are aware that each of our releases for a particular season has a consistent theme (molded head on the DVD sets, one specific character on the cover, etc) With the S20 release, we wanted to have the opportunity to join in with the other divisions of Fox in the celebration of the show's 20th Anniversary so we moved away from the usual model. Long story short, yes S13 will have the booklet and all the elements you have grown to expect.

Thank you very much, Mr. Finn! 

The Simpsons has consistently been the finest total package to be found on DVD! 

Very pleased to know that Season 13 will continue in that vein!

Would I then be correct in assuming that the S13 booklet will be included in the Blu-ray release – as well as the SD release? 

Also, was there a booklet produced for S20? 

If so, can we Blu-ray buyers obtain a copy – even at a nominal price? 

#10 of 17 Finn

Finn

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted July 19 2010 - 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Tor1 

Thank you very much, Mr. Finn! 

The Simpsons has consistently been the finest total package to be found on DVD! 

Very pleased to know that Season 13 will continue in that vein!

Would I then be correct in assuming that the S13 booklet will be included in the Blu-ray release – as well as the SD release?

yes you are correct - for both DVD and Blu-ray release.

@FinnAtFox

#11 of 17 The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,058 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted July 19 2010 - 02:01 PM

Well, to pile on the questions...

was the S20 release a one time deal to celebrate the Simpsons 20th anniversary, or will season 21 onward be released at the beginning of each year (after the season has complete on broadcast TV), with a classic release coming in the summertime?

#12 of 17 Finn

Finn

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted July 19 2010 - 02:03 PM

It was a special release. After Season 13 will be Season 14.

@FinnAtFox

#13 of 17 Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter

• 1,375 posts

Posted August 20 2010 - 01:32 AM

Just received my Season 13 Blu-ray set and can confirm that, as promised by Mr. Finn, it does indeed contain a proper booklet this time. :)

#14 of 17 Finn

Finn

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted August 22 2010 - 05:22 PM

your welcome.

@FinnAtFox

#15 of 17 The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,058 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted August 24 2010 - 07:35 AM

How is the bluray packaging?

The regular DVDs are continuing with the accordion style packaging that many people don't like. Is the bluray packaging the same, or is it in more traditional style cases?

#16 of 17 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 24 2010 - 08:08 AM

The Blu-rays are in the usual oversized case with flipping pages of discs.

#17 of 17 Karl Pozorski

Karl Pozorski

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted August 24 2010 - 11:56 PM

Two quick questions for Mr. Finn:

Is the Season 14 set scheduled for the holiday season or for 2011.

Will we ever see interviews with the cast or the cast doing their voice work in the special features. I would be happy with clips from the James Lipton Actor's Studio show that they appeared on.

Thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users