Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Scream 4 In Trouble

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 JayMacey

JayMacey

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted July 02 2010 - 06:40 PM

I did a search on the forums & found a thread with it's last post of 2005, so I think I'm safe in creating a new one.

In any event, I'm sure all of you guys have heard Scream 4 is about to start shooting in a few weeks with the original cast & original talent from the trilogy. Kevin Williamson writing, Wes Craven directing etc. Now there's news that Kevin Williamson has dropped out due to the studio meddling too much with the creative process. Two actors have dropped out too. They're bringing back Ehren Kruger who wrote the third one (& Transformers 2). This is not good. http://www.popcultur...in-trouble.html

Was anyone else looking forward to this as much as me?

Sigh...
3,000+ DVDs
300+ BluRays
50+ Digital Copys
www.popculturewhore.com

#2 of 6 Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor

• 7,108 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted July 02 2010 - 06:50 PM

I'm looking forward to it but I've also heard that this was suppose to be another trilogy of films so if this one is in trouble then it's doubtful we'll get two more.  Williamson has written more bad screenplays than good ones so I'm not going to put too much into this, although it does kinda ruin the everyone returning thing.

#3 of 6 JayMacey

JayMacey

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted July 03 2010 - 04:38 AM

Michael, I definitely think there was "magic" with the cast of the original Scream, Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson. And while Williamson isn't the best writer Hollywood has ever known, when he's on, he's on. I was really looking forward to them reuniting to kick off the new trilogy.

Sigh...
3,000+ DVDs
300+ BluRays
50+ Digital Copys
www.popculturewhore.com

#4 of 6 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,503 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted July 03 2010 - 01:53 PM

Didn't similar upheaval occur on Cursed a few years ago?  That film was mostly shot when they decided to rewrite the script, recast, and reshoot the whole thing.

This sort of thing seems to follow Williamson and Craven whenever they try and team up lately. Seems like no one is ever satisfied with Williamson's scripts.

I have very low expectations for Scream 4 if it's ever released.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#5 of 6 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,431 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 03 2010 - 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Malcolm R 

I have very low expectations for Scream 4 if it's ever released.

It started shooting this week so it'll be released.

#6 of 6 scream

scream

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 11 2011 - 12:31 PM

no ur wrong will has had about all good screen play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users