-

Photo
- - - - -

A few words about...™ The Red Shoes -- in Blu-ray

A Few Words About

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#61 of 65 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted August 06 2010 - 10:14 AM

I agree with you, Doug. I watched it for the first time the other night. It was beautiful. It was also a film that I was thinking about days after I saw it.

#62 of 65 OFFLINE   Andy_G

Andy_G

Stunt Coordinator

• 212 posts

Posted August 06 2010 - 11:12 AM

I also watched it for the first time the other day. I think the image looked quite good, but I did notice a few instances where the colors were still out of registration.

I wonder if there are still some shrinkage situations that even digital technology can't fix.

#63 of 65 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted August 06 2010 - 10:30 PM

I noticed the same thing on The Adventures of Robin Hood. There was a really nasty registration issue in one shot.

#64 of 65 OFFLINE   John Hodson

John Hodson

Producer

• 4,452 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted August 07 2010 - 01:05 AM

In the case of The Red Shoes, I thought I noticed a slight - very slight, quite brief - registration issue as I flicked through it first time I popped it into my player. It doesn't spoil my enjoyment, far from it. I've since watched it three times since and I think it's one of the most beautiful presentations I've ever seen.

So many films, so little time...
Film Journal Blog
Lt. Col. Thursday: Beaufort; no preliminary nonsense with him, no ceremonial phrasing. Straight from the shoulder as I tell you, do you hear me? They're recalcitrant swine and they must feel it...

#65 of 65 OFFLINE   ShellOilJunior

ShellOilJunior

Stunt Coordinator

• 163 posts

Posted August 05 2012 - 03:49 PM

The other night I watched my Criterion blu-ray for the 4th time. Also, I was fortunate enough to see the restoration twice when it went on tour. You might say I love the film. THE RED SHOES is one of those great films that gets better with each viewing. It's overflowing with passion from its creators and characters in the film. The scene I really love is when Vicky is rehearsing and Craster is trying to get the tempo of the music just right. They're screaming at each other - Vicky says the music is too fast while Craster remarks he's not playing for a circus. Meanwhile, the camera cuts to Lermontov with a big grin on his face. Great scene.