What's new

Covert Affairs - USA (1 Viewer)

USANetwork

Grip
Real Name
USA
Hey there, I'm here on behalf of USA to let you know about the newest drama coming to the network: Covert Affairs! The CIA series starts July 13th at 10/9c and we hope you'll be checking it out.

If you like Burn Notice, Royal Pains or White Collar, you'll definitely like this one as well. Doug Liman, who produced the Bourne trilogy, is producing this one as well - that ensures action and a great focus on real-life espionage. The series follows a CIA trainee who is pulled off "the farm" to work on a priority case and gets thrown head over heels into life in the agency. We hope you're planning on tuning in!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Welcome to the forum. I really look forward to checking out Covert Affairs on July 13th.

I am a huge fan of Burn Notice, Royal Pains and White Collar. USA has some of the best shows on any network.

I look forward to having you participate on the forum in regards to present and future programming that USA has to offer.

Or just to hang out if you want.

Parker

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Welcome,

I have to agree with Parker that USA has some of the best programs on TV today. I've been seeing the adds for Covert Affairs and have my DVR set to record it.

Doug

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
USA does have one of the strongest summer seasons of anyone. Burn Notice, Royal Pains, etc. I'm looking forward to Covert Affairs. Looks like a good spy/comic/action. And that's what I'm after for summer faire.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I can't set my HTPC yet to record CA but will be able to tomorrow. From the previews Covert Affairs looks like it is going to be another winner for USA Network.

I forgot to mention my other three favs on TV and that is Psych, Law and Order CI and In Plain Site.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I plan to check this out. I see this being a hit, along with Psych, Burn Notice, In Plain Sight, Royal Pains, and White Collar.

I'll remember that it will premiere after the World Cup ends.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This might fill my Alias season 1 fix, as Piper Pirabo is pretty, but not so pretty that it's implausible that someone with her looks could also work for the CIA.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
EW wasn't impressed by the first episode they saw for this show, it appeared to be a little too on-the-nose for their reviewer.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Shrug. No biggie, especially out of the gate. Really looking forward to this. Chris Gorham was great in Jake 2.0. Playing a blind character with gadgets should be fun to see.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
So, Covert Affairs is starting a week from now on USA. Attractive young girl suddenly finds herself working in the field as a CIA agent, but things might not be all that they appear. Hmm . . . is this a certain Abrams reboot we were hearing about, in disguise?

I've seen a rave review for the pilot, and the trailers look decent. I'm in it for Piper Perabo, to be frank. She is pretty much the definition of adorable. To steal a line, "She is so cute, Hello Kitty carries a Piper Perabo lunchbox to school." It's also eventually going to have Sendhil Ramamurthy, who played Mohinder on Heroes. So, it's got that going for it. Peter Gallagher is in the pilot, and there are some other people you've heard of but I haven't--somebody from House called the "Cutthroat Bitch?"

Anyway, 10PM Eastern on USA on July 13.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Doug Liman of the Bource series as the series creative lead gives this series a solid pedigree.

USANetwork

Grip
Real Name
USA
Speaking of those rave reviews, Blog Critics has a great one up now: http://blogcritics.org/video/article/tv-preview-usas-covert-affairs-to/. I hope you're planning on tuning in next Tuesday. And yes, Greg, for you House fans Anne Dudek - otherwise known as Cutthroat Bitch does have a role!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
As someone with a raging crush on Piper Perabo I'll be watching for sure, plus it looks like a fun show and USA has a very good track record with me.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Meh, the pilot left me a little wanting, it shows some promise but overall it felt disjointed.

Perabo's character came off as being far too green and naive for field work, she did give great chase to that assassin there at the end and it ended with a decent fight sequence.

I'll give it a couple of more eps to find it's legs.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was played far too whimsical in the beginning, and my interest was waning in the last half-hour. I can see why it got an average grade in EW few weeks ago.

It's weird seeing CTB as the sane one.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I thought it played out like a lot of other new series. That is it gave you just enough to peak your interest and have you stick around to see where it goes. I didn't love it or hate it. I will be in the "stick around and see what happens" club. Piper is a great actress. Sure she is smokin' hot but she is also a chameleon when it comes to facial characterizations. For me she was like watching 4 different people playing the same person.

Parker

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That car chase scene was ridiculous because Annie's car truly is a POS (compared to the other dark car).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks