Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Exorcist - any news on Friedkin/Roizman input/look?

Bill Hunt

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Yorkshire

Yorkshire

Screenwriter

• 1,305 posts

Posted June 28 2010 - 11:56 PM

I think most of us are aware of the very public spat between Friedkin and Roizman over the former's treatment of The French Connection on Blu-ray Disc.

With Roizman working with him on the Blu-ray Disc of The Exorcist I know that many are hopeful for a presentation a little more faithful to the original.

The work was done for the release last year, so the disc has been sitting around waiting for a release for some time.

I was wondering if Bill (or anyone else) had received word on what they've done with the look.  Have they French Connection-ed it, or stayed true to the original look?

Steve W

Correct a fool and he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will thank you.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 02 2010 - 03:51 AM

I think most of us are aware of the very public spat between Friedkin and Roizman over the former's treatment of The French Connection on Blu-ray Disc.

Well I, for one, am not.  Can you give me a brief recap or link to a thread or article where this is discussed?  The French Connection and French Connection II are on my wish list and I'd like to know if I should consider removing one or both.

Thanks,

Joe

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Brian Borst

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

• 1,137 posts

Posted July 03 2010 - 07:36 AM

The French Connection got a new highly controversial color timing by William Friedkin, which Owen Roizman didn't like at all:

http://open.salon.co...ection_transfer

Understandable, because it looks completely different, and Roizman wasn't even involved in the making of the new master. Hopefully he was able to talk some sense into Friedkin this time (or tied him up, and did the master himself /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif).

Never go out with anyone who thinks Fellini is a type of cheese

My Blu-Ray/DVD Collection

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 05 2010 - 12:54 AM

Thanks for the explanation, Bryan.  A pity, on many levels.

Regards,

Joe