-

Photo
- - - - -

Walt Disney Treasures Wave 10 - Any news yet?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 of 56 OFFLINE   Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 301 posts

Posted July 19 2010 - 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by bcotter 

The Disney Treasures series is officially dead. No further titles are in the works. I confirmed that with Leonard Maltin just now.

Don't shoot the messenger. Like the rest of you, things would be far different if I had a vote. Happily I was able to get almost everything Disney did for television on tape, and am now transferring it to DVD. The Treasures have so much more, though, in terms of quality transfers and extras, so it's sad to see the end. I'm just glad I was able to help get them to do some of what they did do.

Bill

Bill:

Thank you for the update and thank you for all your efforts on behalf of the Treasures line.

This is sad news indeed.

Darby

#42 of 56 OFFLINE   ChuckWL

ChuckWL

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts

Posted September 12 2010 - 07:45 AM

Yes sad news, indeed.  My husband and I purchased all the Treasures and they truly are that "Treasures" in our media library.  One question from this amateur /img/vbsmilies/htf/wink.gif... I was wondering if all the classic Donald, Mickey, Goofy and Pluto animated shorts were released in these collections or are we missing any?

#43 of 56 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted September 12 2010 - 09:04 AM

All of the Mickey, Donald, and Pluto shorts have been released. All of the Goofys have been released except for one or two two-reelers from the late 1960s. There are also a handful of one-shot cartoons not released. I'd say about 80-85% of the shorts have been released.

#44 of 56 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,391 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 12 2010 - 10:09 AM

I'm also still waiting for the release of the 2007 Goofy short "How to Hook Up Your Home Theater"  that was released in theaters with National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets.

Wikipedia is saying it will be released sometime next month on a DVD called "Have a Laugh!"  That's news to me.  Good news, mind you.  /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#45 of 56 ONLINE   ChuckWL

ChuckWL

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts

Posted September 12 2010 - 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Eric Scott Richard 

All of the Mickey, Donald, and Pluto shorts have been released. All of the Goofys have been released except for one or two two-reelers from the late 1960s. There are also a handful of one-shot cartoons not released. I'd say about 80-85% of the shorts have been released.

Eric, Thanks so much for the kind reply. /img/vbsmilies/htf/wink.gif

#46 of 56 OFFLINE   Sumnernor

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted September 13 2010 - 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

I'm also still waiting for the release of the 2007 Goofy short "How to Hook Up Your Home Theater"  that was released in theaters with National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets.

Wikipedia is saying it will be released sometime next month on a DVD called "Have a Laugh!"  That's news to me.  Good news, mind you.  /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

I did a search on Amazon on "Have A Laugh" and came up with the link:

http://www.amazon.co...x=Have a Laugh!

See no mention about the Goofy "How to Hook  Up Your Home Theater"

#47 of 56 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,652 posts

Posted September 13 2010 - 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Sumnernor 

I did a search on Amazon on "Have A Laugh" and came up with the link:

http://www.amazon.co...x=Have a Laugh!

See no mention about the Goofy "How to Hook  Up Your Home Theater"

It seems to be in the first "Have a Laugh" product description

Whoop it up when a mischievous baby seal hides out in Mickey's bathtub. Shriek with laughter as ghost hunters Goofy, Donald, and Mickey are scared silly by four spirited spooks. Then, get ready to roar when Goofy attempts to hook up his new, high-tech home theater system and, "BLAM!", things go hilariously haywire!

For some odd reason, the special features are listed, but not the shorts themselves.

#48 of 56 ONLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,001 posts

Posted September 13 2010 - 10:37 AM

I too conducted a search yesterday. I wanted to see what the cost was on titles from the Treasure Series that I decided to obtain.  The big river market place offered many titles as did ebay. The fact the series has reached a final conclusion became an incentive to pick up what I wanted.  The only red flag was beware of bootleg and confirm the tin the contents open or not.  I would love to get an HD of Scarecrow. I have to admit that is my jewel in my collection.  So very well done.  I thank Dave and Gord for giving us the heads up when the title was on pre order what 2 years ago.

#49 of 56 OFFLINE   Dustin James

Dustin James

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted September 13 2010 - 03:45 PM

"How to Hook Up Your Home Theater" has been available for quite a while as a digital download through the iTunes store for $1.99.

However, I would prefer a physical copy that is not wrapped in DRM that limits the playback to certain devices.

#50 of 56 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted September 14 2010 - 05:22 AM

You're welcome.

#51 of 56 OFFLINE   Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,681 posts

Posted January 26 2011 - 04:44 PM

Just watching the 1990's Zorro suddenly reminded me that "Hey, the last thing I saw out was the 50's Zorro! What happened to the 2010 set?" - ah well, pity that the range had been retired. I wasn't big on the animated shorts, but I loved the live action stuff!

On a similar note, I imagine that the Wildlife Movies that came out a couple of years ago was the beginning and end of that range? Pity, those things were the bomb!

#52 of 56 OFFLINE   Schwpz

Schwpz

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 12 2012 - 09:13 PM

Sorry for reviving this very old thread, but after spying the web for some info, you guys here seems to be by far the best informed. While devastated to learn in this thread that the Disney Treasures series have been discontinued, I still wonder; Does anyone know if there are any plans to release all of the region 1 Disney Treasures in Europe? There are still numerous Disney Treasure titles that are only available in Region 1, which is somewhat usewhat useless for me living on the other side of the pond. Among the ones available only in region 1 are famous animations such as Chronological Donald vol 4 (only the first three are available on the European market, and in addition without some of the wartime cartoons such as "The Furhers face" - le gasp, think if my poor, European soul should be subject of anti nazi propaganda! :rolleyes:), Silly Symphonies vol. 2 (only the first one is released in region 2 so far), Disney Rarities, On The Front Lines, the list goes on. That's a lot of fantastic animation!! I've been post-poning buying the region 1 DVDs for several years, partly because I don't have a region-free DVD player, but also because imported DVDs are very expensive, not to mention that the European version often includes the option for subtitles or dubs, which would allow my daughter to enjoy the animations as well. But if the series has truly been discontinued, I'm now fearing the region 2 releases will never come. :( Any info on the matter would be deeply appreciated!

#53 of 56 OFFLINE   Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted October 13 2012 - 12:21 PM

There is speculation Disney might, one day, revisit the series for Blu-ray. Considering the Region 1 DVDs were nearly cancelled twice before finally ending, I'm dubious to that ever happening. The chances of it happening for other regions would be even slimmer. So frankly, if I were you, I would seek out the Region 1 DVDs you're missing. They're expensive even here, without import costs, as it was a limited edition series that has mostly long sold out. But I'd say it's your best bet.

#54 of 56 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

• 1,316 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted October 14 2012 - 03:04 AM

They need to rerelease the old Treasures. Donald 4 was out of stock too quick as opportunistic jerks bought up the boatload of them and started selling them for more than 100. I hate those type of people,
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#55 of 56 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,001 posts

Posted October 14 2012 - 07:51 AM

Hi Sara, I did not know if you knew of this thread here in the forum. http://www.hometheat...-generations/60 Hey Welcome to HTF. HTF is sure a great place to learn things. I have said it before and will again. HTF MEMBERS ARE THE BEST!!! You will save money here and you wil be able to keep up with any DVD or blu-ray title release

#56 of 56 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,945 posts

Posted October 16 2012 - 04:31 PM

Disney seems to have an annoying view that if they can't sell over 100,000 copies, it's not worth doing. The last 2 Donald volumes sold 30 to 40 thousand copies in about 2 months. Why can't they live with that. As for Blu Ray, I think that Disney will at least release the cartoons in the animation collections in that format. The most perfect title for a blu Treasures treatment is, of course, Song of the South.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users