Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

1492: Conquest of Paradise out in France Oct. 6th

Charles de Lauzirika

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Mike Wadkins

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor

• 957 posts

Posted June 24 2010 - 04:20 AM

More Sir Ridley news from France: according to information from French retailers, the SPHE/TF1 home video joint venture will release the Christopher Columbus biopic 1492: Conquest of Paradise on Blu-ray on October 6 (the same day as the Alien Anthology and one week before Robin Hood). There are no edition details available at this time.

Did you work on this one Charlie?

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Charles de Lauzirika

Charles de Lauzirika

Second Unit

• 268 posts

Posted June 24 2010 - 04:23 AM

I did not, unfortunately.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Mike Wadkins

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor

• 957 posts

Posted June 24 2010 - 04:25 AM

Whoops I missed the link out!

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4793

They also have a date for Alien

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4792

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Producer

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted June 30 2010 - 06:59 AM

I hope this one gets a good transfer but i'm wary because it is an old release and has never seemed to get the love, care and attention it deserves, i really enjoy this film and the music score is fabulous.

Looking forward to some positive news on this one. ( hopefully good news )

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 833 posts

Posted August 26 2010 - 04:57 AM

Is the French release region free?

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   ricktech12

ricktech12

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted August 31 2010 - 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by trajan 

Is the French release region free?

Rumor has it could be, I wouldn't order it till it's confirmed unless you have a region free Blu-ray player.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   SergeiShadow

SergeiShadow

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted December 19 2010 - 01:05 AM

Charles would you work with Ridley Scott for 1492: Conquest of Paradise 20th Anniversary release?

Many people including myself still have the film on various Laserdisc and imported DVD releases.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Charles de Lauzirika

Charles de Lauzirika

Second Unit

• 268 posts

Posted December 23 2010 - 04:24 PM

If "1492" ever came my way, I would love to work on it, without question.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   ricktech12

ricktech12

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted March 14 2011 - 11:12 AM

The France Blu-ray is decent, but still leaves alot to be desired. It's presented in 1080i and it seems the video transfer while being the best the film has ever looked could be improved on with a nice 1080p video transfer supervised by Ridley Scott. It's region free but your Blu-ray player has to be able to play NTSC/PAL to have any shot to play it and it doesn't work on some Region A players, especially those that don't support PAL playback.

Glad to hear that Charles would take on a 1492 20th anniversary project for DVD/Blu-ray release if he was offered it. It still makes zero sense why there isn't a decent anamorphic theatrical DVD released yet in the USA for 1492, plenty of drivel on the market and a well made, directed film can't even see a DVD release for whatever reason. I wonder who has the rights in the USA to release a DVD/Blu-ray? There is definitely a market for this film in the USA, the score is well known and it has a great cast and it's a Ridley Scott film. I wonder if it will ever see a release on DVD/Blu-ray in the USA, just makes no sense at all that with all the movies that see release in the USA on home video this film is just collecting dust.