-

Photo
- - - - -

"Marcus Welby" #2 coming!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   bmasters9

bmasters9

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted June 23 2010 - 10:33 PM

http://www.tvshowson...-Season-2/13963

It's scheduled to be coming 10/12, according to this from TVShowsonDVD.com.

"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's original opening from The Prudential College Football Report in the 1985 season, Jim Nantz's debut)

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   redbird

redbird

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted June 24 2010 - 01:01 AM

Wow! I had a deep down feeling that we'd only see the 1st season and that would be it. I'm pleasantly shocked that the 2nd season is on its way./img/vbsmilies/htf/rock.gif

Death to double sided DVDs!

Hey Sony-continue our old shows or farm them out already!

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,098 posts

Posted June 24 2010 - 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by redbird 

Wow! I had a deep down feeling that we'd only see the 1st season and that would be it. I'm pleasantly shocked that the 2nd season is on its way./img/vbsmilies/htf/rock.gif

I have no knowledge one way or the other, but I suspect that when a company sublicenses a show out, they don't get to do it piecemeal. They pretty much have to pay up front for the whole run, not just a season at a time. The only way they won't follow through and put the whole thing out is if they feel they will lose more money by producing the DVDs than they'll lose by just eating the rights fees they paid.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,103 posts

Posted June 24 2010 - 10:25 AM

Great news about the second season of Marcus Welby, MD being released on Region 1 from Shout! Factory. I hope, but won't be disappointed if it isn't on some or all of the episodes, that the full version of the title sequence is on some or all of the episodes in the second season set.

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   bmasters9

bmasters9

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted June 24 2010 - 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by WaveCrest 

Great news about the second season of Marcus Welby, MD being released on Region 1 from Shout! Factory. I hope, but won't be disappointed if it isn't on some or all of the episodes, that the full version of the title sequence is on some or all of the episodes in the second season set.

I too would like for that full title sequence to be there. I've seen a video clip of it from tv-intros.com, but I'd love for it to be included on this upcoming DVD release.

"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's original opening from The Prudential College Football Report in the 1985 season, Jim Nantz's debut)

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Robert13

Robert13

Second Unit

• 488 posts

Posted June 25 2010 - 07:32 AM

I'm definitely picking up a copy of Season 2. It has one of my favorite episodes on it "Sounding Brass". Can't wait for this!

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,316 posts

Posted September 19 2010 - 02:59 AM

i have pre-order the 2nd season. I really like Robert Young as a classic actor. It is really great seen a young james brolin.

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,316 posts

Posted October 02 2010 - 04:38 AM

i have watched a few episodes of S1-Marcus Welby and enjoy the show. I have order S2, which comes out in October 2010.

I like Robert Young as an actor. He is another actor that has long since passed on. However, dvds help us remember how incredible an actor he was!!!

#9 of 12 ONLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,211 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted October 13 2010 - 07:35 AM

I still need to pick up Season 2 of the show. Seems my local Barnes & Noble stocks the show but Best Buy it is a no go as usual. Amazon.com has a decent price of about 33.99ish.

This is a show I will support even if it heads to SHOUT FACTORY direct. Something tells me that this is a show I have doubts about being able to release all the seasons. I could be wrong.

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 LG BD550 Region Free 
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#10 of 12 ONLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,211 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted November 10 2010 - 05:56 PM

For those who want a decent price for Season 2 of Marcus Welby currently amazon.com has it listed at about 24.49! Not sure how long it has been at that price or when that price will increase etc.

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 LG BD550 Region Free 
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Elena S

Elena S

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted November 11 2010 - 03:50 AM

I am surprised at how much I'm enjoying watching these old episodes, even though most of them are dated. Brolin cracks me up. In his youth he thought shouting constituted being bold.

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,316 posts

Posted November 12 2010 - 12:22 AM

I like james brolin along with robert young. These two actors fit well with each other. The premise of the show is very good, especially how the doctor handles dealing with his patient. This is something that is lost on today's world of medical care, because it has become such a business, especially around sowing you up and releasing you.

I like to see Trapper John released down the road, because i think it is another good show, plus it would be a tribute to Pernell Roberts. I remember Pernell Roberts as the last of the cartwright boys to die.