Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Cosby Show complete series OOP?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted June 22 2010 - 11:21 AM

For years I've been holding off on this box set because it's pretty pricey and I never saw it go on sale other than the first week. Now I'm trying to get a hold of it and all I find at Amazon is one third-party copy for $250. It's not at DeepDiscount; Best Buy doesn't have it in stock; a few overpriced and/or competitive listings at eBay...so what's the deal? I see loads of budget repackages of the existing sets (two seasons for $20 sort of thing) but what's the story on this one? I have no interest in collecting the series otherwise because this is the only place to get S1 unedited...and now I guess you can't even do that anymore.

Anyone know what's up with this or if it will be available in the near future again? I know it's been said ever since the release of the edited S1 episodes, but for one of the greatest and most popular sitcoms in history, this show has received such a shoddy treatment on DVD. S1 was edited, S3 was delayed for an eternity, everything after S2 was packaged and delivered in absolutely the cheapest way possible...it really sucks that the only decent release of the show is unavailable now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users