Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: The Exorcist Extended Director's Cut (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
124 replies to this topic

#121 of 125 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,380 posts

Posted October 15 2010 - 02:34 PM

Could the changing of the logo have to do with Warner Bros. no longer being a part of "Warner Communications Company"? Of course, for BULLITT, we still get the animated W-7 logo for Warner Bros/7 Arts. The Saul Bass-designed logo from the 70's works better for THE EXORCIST because its colors are bold red and black, just as the following red letters of the titles against the black background. The icy blue shield logo used instead is an incongruous substitute regardless of how attractive it is in and of itself - the color scheme of it is the complete opposite of the titles. But the Blu-ray presentation of this film and all of its supplements is as good as I could have hoped for.

#122 of 125 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted October 16 2010 - 01:57 AM

The end WB logo is over the red background, like we all suspected.  I just checked the 1997 disc.

#123 of 125 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted October 16 2010 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for doing that, Bill!

#124 of 125 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted October 30 2010 - 10:44 PM

They need to release just one release. I bought this from Walmart and for one it's just a standard keep case with no book and two it's only TVYNS. Looks like I'm going to have to buy this on BD all over again.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#125 of 125 OFFLINE   jquirk

jquirk

Stunt Coordinator

• 176 posts

Posted October 31 2010 - 06:25 AM

Yeah, inspector, I noticed that at Walmart, too, but stayed away from it when I realized it was only one disc. Funny thing is, I would have bought it if it had been the book set.