What's new

Best Hopes for TV DVD's in 2011 (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well. . . It seems there aren't too many surprises coming up in the next few months. I got Tales of the Gold Monkey via Amazon the other day, but outside of Ellery Queen, and then later Six Million Dollar Man, the Bionic Woman, in the fall; I don't know what to make of some later releases.

If the other Kroft releases go through, I'll pick up Far Out Space Nuts and the Lost Saucer.

I'm still hoping When Things Were Rotten might make it out in 2011, perhaps Legend, Salvage 1; but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Yet, the releases this year (still in a depressed economy, various services being overhauled, and now the Oil Mess in the Gulf, we have nothing to complain about, Do we?

James '

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The restarting of "Dragnet" and "McMillan And Wife" rate as big deals for me this year in addition to the fact that "Ellery Queen" is coming.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
My best hopes are simple:

Complete "The Fugitive" and release "Harry O."

I expect only the first will happen -- but I can dream, can't I?

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Fugitive sounds good to me but with completly restored music.

I'd also like to see the rumored complete "Rifleman" set but we haven't heard anything about that one in a long time. I think that was supposed to have been a possibility last year.

I'd like to see the complete "Sky King" set available in a wide online store release. I can't afford that exclusive outlet price of $260 (incl shipping).

And, the complete R1 set of "Fury" but I'm thinking about getting the German (English language track) release of that one.

More:

Barney Miller

Big Valley

Black Sheep Squadron (final 13 episodes not released)

Dennis the Menace

Donna Reed Show

The Equalizer

Falcon Crest

Fall Guy

Fantasy Island

Hardy Boys (last 10 episodes)

Lassie Complete series, or at least all of the "Jeff" & "Timmy" years

Lone Ranger

Love Boat

Mannix (this one looks like it'll continue)

Mike Hammer (1984)

Naked City (complete season sets)

Perry Mason (another one that looks good)

Rawhide

Scarecrow & Mrs King

Sea Hunt

Untouchables (most likely will complete)

Who's the Boss

Welcome Back Kotter

That's all I can think of right now :)

It's been, imo, a better year so far than I'd have first thought, Leave it to Beaver, A-Team (complete, s/s discs), Tales/Monkey, Bionic series (coming maybe late this year), Alias Smith/Jones, Barnaby Jones, more Matlock, more Adam-12, Falcon Crest (finally), Flipper.....

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Bless you, Jeff. I hope your shows do come out. I'd like to see High Chapparel (in the US), Twelve O'Clock High, Garrison's Gorillas come out.

Much more animation: Saturday Morning in the 70's and the 60's Volume 3, Saturday Morning in the 80's volume 2, Duck Dodgers, Frankeinstein Jr and the Impossibles, Pinky, Elmira, and the Brain, etc.

Well. . . . We can dream can't we?

James

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by JamesSmith That's another one. And, a miniseries that I'd pay premium prices for,..."How the West Was Won".

Plus another miniseries from the early 90's: "And the Sea Will Tell".

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'd like to think Dennis the Menace is a real hope for 2011. I would think that has to be on the radar of a publisher like Shout Factory.

With their dealings with Sony on programs like The Facts of Life and the popularity of the program (Among missing 50s and 60s classics on DVD, Dennis the Menace is very high up on many individual's want list), I can't imagine Shout Factory not giving it serious consideration. It's also a perfect length (4 seasons) that would stand a healthy chance of seeing completition.

The only thing it has going against it is I presume whoever publishes the program will have some licensing fees to whoever owns the Dennis the Menace character and concept.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
In addition to The Fugitive and Harry O, would also like to add the miniseries Churchill: The Valiant Years and the TV movie City in Fear. That last has only been out in a VHS tape at EP speed and has a great cast: David Janssen, Robert Vaughn, Susan Sullivan, Perry King, William Daniels, and "introducing Mickey Roarke."

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
finish up the Krofft saturday morning titles

the 5th season of Rocky and Bullwinkle

the rest of Jack Lord's Hawaii Five-O

Mr. T cartoon

the remaining Super Friends

The color Popeyes

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
For in-progress titles I am glad that this year will bring Five-O S9 and "Nine Dragons" to DVD, and that "Adam-12" will get to S5 and be on track for completion next year.

I am hoping "Ironside" will get to S4 and the end of the Barbara Anderson era. And maybe the release of "The Big Valley" movie will get that show restarted at last.

With many one and done title favorites of mine getting restarted, the one of recent release comparatively I am now antsy about is "Burke's Law" which would be complete with its second season ("Amos Burke Secret Agent" I can do without)

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
I keep hoping they will complete Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea!

Also, I would really like Warner to release complete series of the shows they have been sticking random episodes of into their "Saturday Morning" releases. Espescially Marine Boy.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Well, I have a small hope that Maverick will begin, based on what was stated by WB execs a while back - that being that Maverick is actually being looked at for season release.

Would like to see Big Valley out, as well.

Of course the live action 60s series BATMAN is on the list.

I would also like to see Garner's series NICHOLS released, probably have to be by Shout!

Dobie Gillis, Dennis The Menace, Sanford (sequel to Sanford & Son) - that would all make this collector very happy, indeed!!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
-The Fall Guy

-Different Strokes

-Happy Days

-Laverne and Shirley

-Saturday Night Live seasons 6, 7, and 8

-Barnaby Jones

-Logan's Run

-After M*A*S*H

-Growing Pains seasons 2, 3, and 4.

-Misfits of Science

-In search of(complete series) come on Universal, this would be awesome.

-The Love Boat

-Fantasy Island

-Every unreleased Sid, and Marty Kroft shows..complete series(not compilations like those WB Saturday Morning releases).

-Lassie mega sets. Set 1 containing seasons 1-5 for the first part of the year, and set 2 containing seasons 6-10 to finish the year out. I can dream right?

-The Lone Ranger seasons 3, and 4

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Well I'm hoping the original Hawaii Five-O continues next year on DVD, along with The Equalizer, Knots Landing, Mannix and Simon & Simon. I would like to see Mission: Impossible 1988-90 along with Whiz Kids released next year. And Midnight Caller begin being released on DVD too.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Guys, Do you think the majority of our most beloved stuff is already out on DVD? I don't know.

James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks