-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Bogart - The Essential Collection

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 John Stell

John Stell

Supporting Actor

• 819 posts

Posted June 17 2010 - 05:30 AM

From Classic Flix:

http://www.classicfl...e4c92c4702585da

Posted Image

Thought I'd wet your whistle with a little cover art from some upcoming Humphrey Bogart releases.

Maltese and Treasure have been known about for some time, but the upcoming Essential Collection is a bit of a surprise. I say a bit because I figured Warner was up to something when they discontinued Bogart's first two signature collections as well as many other films in which he stars.

No further info is known at this time. ENJOY!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"...you would not understand...You do not...have...daughters."

#2 of 8 Marcel H.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted June 17 2010 - 05:46 AM

If that's all I'm not interested. Just re-releases of movies I already own. As it seems now it's a missed opportunity to release unreleased titles in a proper way like Conflict, The Two Mrs. Carrolls, The Big Shot, It All Came True and some more...

I do hope there'll be more but I kinda think the missing Bogeys are being neglected and will get an Archive release only. /img/vbsmilies/htf/frown.gif

Recently bought: Tracy & Hepburn the Definitive Coll., The Mountain, Rope of Sand, Taxi Driver (BD), Heroes of Telemark, Night of the Generals
Pre-Order: Knock on Any Door, The Outlaw Josey Wales (BD), The Man Who Would Be King (BD), Night Flight, The Hustler (BD)...
My Collection

#3 of 8 Richard M S

Richard M S

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted June 17 2010 - 06:12 AM

Agreed; it is a lost opportunity.

#4 of 8 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,361 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted June 17 2010 - 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Richard M S 

Agreed; it is a lost opportunity.

It's not a missed opportunity for me as I see some more Bogart on Blu-ray disc./img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#5 of 8 Marcel H.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted June 17 2010 - 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Crawford 

It's not a missed opportunity for me as I see some more Bogart on Blu-ray disc./img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

But this is not the Blu-ray forum. /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif/img/vbsmilies/htf/drool.gif

Btw. will be getting them Blus of course.

Recently bought: Tracy & Hepburn the Definitive Coll., The Mountain, Rope of Sand, Taxi Driver (BD), Heroes of Telemark, Night of the Generals
Pre-Order: Knock on Any Door, The Outlaw Josey Wales (BD), The Man Who Would Be King (BD), Night Flight, The Hustler (BD)...
My Collection

#6 of 8 Richard M S

Richard M S

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted June 17 2010 - 07:37 AM

Oh don't misunderstand, depending on the price I will be getting it as well, but it would have great to get a few previously unreleased Bogart films thrown in, such as CONFLICT which contains a very underrated performance by Bogart.

#7 of 8 Russell G

Russell G

Lead Actor

• 9,704 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted June 18 2010 - 03:23 AM

I'll bite on the blus, but I already own most of that boxset.

#8 of 8 BethHarrison

BethHarrison

Second Unit

• 435 posts

Posted June 18 2010 - 04:22 AM

So are all those films going to be crammed onto just 6 discs (DVD-18s I'd hope), with 1 disc for the documentary (which was played on TV a week ago)?