-

Photo
- - - - -

backing up tivo shows for new harddrive upgrade can they be reload back to the ttivo?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   BobSchneider

BobSchneider

Second Unit

• 421 posts

Posted June 13 2010 - 05:34 PM

I'm thinking of upgrading my tivo hd from the 1tb hardrive (self upgraded) I have in it now to a 2tb hd sense the prices have dropped and for the second time I'll bake the 2tb with instant cake /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif. I know you can though your network back up saved tivo programing to your PC , but in my case I want to movie back the save programs to my 2tb tivo. (hd tivo recording are of superior quality DVD season sets) And there are few shows I enjoy I want to save the past seasons at near blue ray levels/img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif. So is the free download tivo backup program two way or one way only thanks for any constructive replys.

Q: Why do you care?

A: You'll never know.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 13 2010 - 10:11 PM

I've never played around with TiVO drives, but can't you clone the old drive, bit for bit, to the new, and simply drop it in, programming and all?

Regards,

Joe

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,152 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted June 14 2010 - 12:20 AM

When I used Instant Cake on my TiVo years ago, there was an option to copy the programming from the old drive to the new drive.  I'm assuming they kept that feature.  The TiVo Community site is the best place to get this question answered.