Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Battle of Sutjeska & Battle of Neretva

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Ernest

Ernest

Supporting Actor

• 507 posts

Posted June 12 2010 - 07:47 AM

Two terrific international WW II movies about the Yugoslav partisans fighting the Germans with terrific actors, Richard Burton (Tito), Orson Welles, Yul Brynner, Hardy Kruger and many more.  Unfortunately, the transfers are horrible worse than footage shot by war correspondents during the European and Pacific campaigns.  Four years into BluRay and we are still seeing transfers that are so bad they make VHS look good.

#2 of 7 Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,724 posts

Posted June 12 2010 - 08:39 PM

Thank you for the warning. I had been thinking about buying these discs. You've changed my mind!

#3 of 7 GregoryMesh

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor

• 519 posts

Posted June 12 2010 - 10:04 PM

Are you talking about UK releases from Arrow?  Was not aware there were US releases...

#4 of 7 Ernest

Ernest

Supporting Actor

• 507 posts

Posted June 13 2010 - 07:24 AM

Yes the distributor is Arrow and I purchased the DVD's from Amazon UK.  They are PAL region 2 and as far as I know not available in the USA.  I have purchased many DVD's from Amazon UK and because they are PAL in 576i the video has always been excellent.  I did send an e-mail message to Arrow advising them I was not happy paying good money for two awful DVD transfers.  I also placed a review on Amazon UK, though others had beaten me to the punch, advising future buyers the transfers were terrible.  4 years into BluRay you don't expect to see poor transfers like these.

#5 of 7 Douglas R

Douglas R

Screenwriter

• 1,767 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted June 17 2010 - 12:09 AM

Presumably these are the same awful transfers (sub VHS quality) which have been (and still are) playing on the UK Movies4Men channel. So bad that they are not worth watching.

#6 of 7 majke

majke

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted July 05 2010 - 10:38 AM

I'm searching desperately the french version of "Battle of Neretva", i suppose that your DVD's don't have french subtitles?

#7 of 7 Ernest

Ernest

Supporting Actor

• 507 posts

Posted July 06 2010 - 08:37 AM

The subtitles are English the audio is mono.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users