Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Nevo or Logitech?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   wnnabepro

wnnabepro

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted June 12 2010 - 04:41 AM

Okay I feel really dumb asking this kind of dumb question(only cause i have installed home theater systems and sold many customers Logitech products for the last 3 years) but is Nevo better than Logitech? I switched to a new supplier for my products and they don't sell Logitech, they sell Nevo. I still have a account at the supplier that sells Logitech, but I'm very curious about the Nevo brand. Does anyone here have any input on Nevo compared to Logitech?

#2 of 5 ONLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,198 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted June 12 2010 - 04:46 AM

You're really talking about something like a 50Q vs. a Harmony, right?  I really don't like the Nevo :(  I haven't seen the S70, but their offerings from before always had a really crap software package to go with them. They tend to cost way more, and do way less.
trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   wnnabepro

wnnabepro

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted June 12 2010 - 05:05 AM

You read my mind mattCR. I have mainly installed/sold Harmony 1100's and 900's. I have never had really any problems with the Logitech Harmony remotes and have never had a call back. The only thing I have heard some clients complain about is that the Logitech Harmony Remotes are "confusing"(what?). So when I saw the Nevo brand and the fact that there user interfaced looked easier it made me start wondering if I should switch lines to Nevo or add a new line. I try to approach my clients as if I was buying the product. I have 2 Logitech Harmony Remotes(650 and 1100) and the RF Extender and I love it. I have never had any problems with either of them. Keep the input coming!

#4 of 5 ONLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,198 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted June 12 2010 - 08:41 AM

the Nevo remotes aren't any easier to use... unless the new generation changes things, and they can be a bit more confusing.  Plus, their control system isn't as easy for an installer to pre-program, which is a real PITA
trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Paradise

Paradise

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted June 12 2010 - 09:54 AM

If you're referring to the C2 and C3 remotes from Nevo, I'm not a fan of them.  The Q50 and S70's are a whole different animal, though.  I tried a couple of different C3's for customers and the programming interface is somewhat confusing and if you have equipment without discreet power commands, then you have to make 2 more macro's for powering on the system (like a "Hello" command) and a "Goodbye" command in addition to your activity selections.  They work, but it's just not as smooth as a Harmony.  However, I remember when the Harmony remotes first came out, they had tons of glitches and work-arounds that had to be used, too.  Hopefully the C2/ C3's will be better in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users