-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

*** Official THE A-TEAM (2010) Discussion Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 of 21 Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,592 posts

Posted June 11 2010 - 01:37 AM

Well, I'm off to catch a couple of matches of the World Cup, then its off for a matinee of the A-Team! Here's hoping it doesn't completely suck - I'll let you all know how it is when I get back!

#2 of 21 Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,592 posts

Posted June 12 2010 - 02:52 AM

What? Only two people here saw the A-Team? Anybody else?

#3 of 21 MartJ

MartJ

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted June 12 2010 - 02:57 AM

Hi!

I'm going to see it soon as well :)

#4 of 21 Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,113 posts

Posted June 12 2010 - 03:11 AM

There's something after the end credits, btw.  So stick around if you want to see it.

:-)

Live Free or DIE!!!!!

#5 of 21 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted June 12 2010 - 04:06 AM

Damn it, I left before the credits ended.

I thought it was really good, and I don't remember the movie dragging at any point.  Funny with lots of action.

I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#6 of 21 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,693 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted June 12 2010 - 04:30 AM

Tried to fit it in my schedule yesterday but work got in the way.  Today is the first nice day we have had since last summer so the yard beckons.  Maybe tomorrow /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif.

Glad to know it appears to be HTF member approved!

#7 of 21 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,322 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted June 13 2010 - 08:10 AM

This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "The A-Team". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "The A-Team" should be posted to the 
Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#8 of 21 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted June 13 2010 - 01:10 PM

I saw it today and enjoyed the hell out of it. A lot of really funny lines(especially from Murdock's character) and action pretty much from start to finish. Certainly not an award winner of any kind, but the perfect summer movie IMHO. /img/vbsmilies/htf/thumbsup.gif

"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#9 of 21 Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter

• 1,295 posts

Posted June 13 2010 - 06:27 PM

"They are trying to fly the tank" lol

#10 of 21 Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 7,974 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted June 14 2010 - 01:58 AM

Great summer film.  Carnahan is the goods.  There is a lot of energy and charisma in the film.  More fun than anything this summer or last, in my opinion.

Hey buddy...did you just see a real bright light?

#11 of 21 Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,481 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 14 2010 - 05:26 AM

I'm bummed this is gonna be a B.O. bomb.  This is real fun summer popcorn.  And, it's not totally mindless either...there is some good character work in here along with the fun thrills.  I think Carnahan learned some good lessons from "Aces" and really had a good take on this material.

#12 of 21 Danny Tse

Danny Tse

Producer

• 3,190 posts

Posted June 14 2010 - 11:15 AM

Just came back from it.....

I'm not going to write a long review of "The A-Team" because I think we all know what to expect from it. It's actually very entertaining, with a couple really over the top action sequences, including the "flying the tank" sequence. There's a plot, unlike how it was described by some movie critics who lacked the intellengence to understand it. People do die in the movie, although there's really no blood. There's just the right amount of humor in the movie to keep the story moving along and the cast does seem to have chemistry, especially Liam Neeson and Bradley Cooper. Sorry guys, no flashes of skin from Jessica Biel; she seems "lightweight" for her role but she looks great in her black leather boots and dark suits. The movie is almost 2 hours long but it certainly didn't felt like it because there's an interesting plot.  And for fans of the TV show, please stay until the credit finished rolling.

A solid "B" from me.

SACD not listed at sa-cd.net (updated 8/26/2009)

#13 of 21 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted June 14 2010 - 12:20 PM

The theater I was at was kind of crowded at 7:50 on Friday, I thought it would of brought in more money then it did.

Can someone spoil what happened after the credits?  Or is it not worth it?

I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#14 of 21 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,650 posts

Posted June 14 2010 - 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremiah 

Can someone spoil what happened after the credits?  Or is it not worth it?

There's a scene with the new Face and the original Face (sort of dealing with tanning), as well as a scene with the new Murdock and original Murdock (dealing with some shock therapy on the new Murdock).

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#15 of 21 Danny Tse

Danny Tse

Producer

• 3,190 posts

Posted June 15 2010 - 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Shawn_KE 

"They are trying to fly the tank" lol

I am not sure how realistic is that part of the movie (to position the tank for a landing in mid-air by way of shoting off the main gun) but in most of the reviews I've read of "The A-Team" movie, it's always mentioned how ridiculous the idea of parachuting a tank.  However, it can actually be done....

http://en.wikipedia....drop_techniques

So while taking out a couple of armed unmanned drones from a parachuting tank may be unrealistic, it's not nearly as far-fetched as being safe from an atomic blast in a lead-lined refrigerator.

SACD not listed at sa-cd.net (updated 8/26/2009)

#16 of 21 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,871 posts

Posted June 15 2010 - 02:58 PM

Crap! I didn't stay until after the credits.  I enjoyed the movie.  It was a bit on the unbelieveable side.  But, its a summer popcorn action flick.  And it succeeded.

Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#17 of 21 cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,844 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted June 21 2010 - 02:52 AM

I checked this out yesterday and loved it. Phenomenal casting - I thought Sharlto Copley actually looks a little like Dirk Benedict looks like today but he was perfect as Murdock. I was also glad they kept many of the original series' familiar gags, like breaking Murdock out of a psychiatric hospital, the gang fashioning weapons/armor out of whatever is around, and even though it wasn't really needed later on in the film, that they found a way to have the famous van make an appearance. I'm sure it helped that Carnahan is a big fan of the series otherwise this would've turned into another forgettable movie. For the sequel maybe they can get the gang to go after the Mob, or help some victimized shopowner sick of being harassed by developers. Just like old times.

#18 of 21 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,075 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted June 22 2010 - 01:55 PM

I was happy to see that Stephen J. Cannell Productions produced the film, because I knew we'd be getting a straight adaptation of the characters. Our four heroes are plucked from the TV series and dropped into the movie intact, their personalities and dynamic carried over as is from the TV show. That everything else changed around them matters little, because the concept lives and dies on these four characters. All of them did a great job embodying their characters; even Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson was a pleasant surprise.

Was that John Ashley doing the opening narration on the final beat? I know he's dead, but since they only used the second half -- "Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team." -- I thought maybe they used the original recording. It sure sounded like him. I loved that the entire movie was essentially the setup from the opening credits. If they do any sequels (unfortunately looking unlikely now, considering the B.O.) I'd love to see them helping a stranger in need a la any episode of the first four seasons.

#19 of 21 cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,844 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted June 23 2010 - 12:48 AM

Also, the opening of the film taking place in Mexico mirrrored the series pilot - a nice nod. The narrator at the end sure sounded like the guy narrating the series opener, doesn't it?

#20 of 21 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,722 posts

Posted July 31 2010 - 11:33 AM

would love seeing a sequal to this film.