Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

The Official Favorite iPad Applications thread.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   RAF

Lead Actor

• 7,062 posts

Posted June 10 2010 - 05:51 AM

Rather than having to search through various iPad threads to find your favorite iPad apps, I thought that it would make sense to dedicate a thread to the subject.

As a former chemistry teacher let me start the ball rolling with my personal favorite:

While pricey at ~$14, it really shows off the capacities of one's iPad. I use it all the time when someone asks me, "Why did you buy that thing?"

Even Stevie.J. mentioned it in his recent keynote address.

The ball is in your court....
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
CLICK HERE to visit My HT HTF Rules and Regulations

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov

• 2,938 posts

Posted June 10 2010 - 07:58 AM

Air Video -- with its ability to smoothly stream and play converted on the fly video, especially stuff like HDTV (1080i/720P) this app is spectacular. IMDB -- great implementation -- any movie buff should love it. Instapaper Pro -- as indispensable on the iPad as it was on the iPhone.  Safari 5's new "Reader" feature owes it a big debt of gratitude. And of course the iBooks/Kindle tandem is a must for any reader.
Hold on tightly, let go lightly.

#3 of 3 ONLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 19,291 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted June 10 2010 - 08:44 AM

My faves in rough order Safari Words with friends Twitterific (until tweetie gets ipadified) Bebot (now full ipadified!!!) Orbital HD Shazam iBooks/Kindle (tie) Square Marvel / Comics Pandora Netflix Instapaper ABC Solitaire Classics (awesome and new!) Wolfram Sketchbook Pro / Brushes (tie) Star Walk Angry Birds Kayak Phone Flicks MLB ESPN Photo Cards Eyewitness Soulver Nasa Prince Retro Warheads

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

HTF Rules

Classified Sales Rules

UV Sales New Clarifications

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users