What's new

Does Comcast make a NON-HD reciever with HDMI ?? (1 Viewer)

Bob Sisson

Agent
I can't see the difference in HD with my eyesight...but my reciever and TV are all hooked up with HDMI and Component...

I don't want to pay for HD if I can't see it... but most of their non-HD recievers are RCA-Video only...and that won't work without recabling my entire system...

Isn't there a way to get a standard def (480p) digital connection without having to pay comcasts outrageous prices for HD?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Technically, Comcast doesn't make cable boxes at all - they buy them from Motorola or Scientific Atlanta or other companies in different parts of the country. In my neck of the woods they use SA boxes and DVRs and even most of them don't have HDMI outputs. There are still plenty in circulation that give you a choice of composite, component or DVI. I'm not sure about the Morotola offerings or if there are yet other brands that they use. This really sounds like something you need to call Comcast about - or maybe check the website of whoever manufacturers your box. (Although I can tell you from experience, Comcast may not use all of the models a given manufacturer makes, and may not take advantage of all the features that each box offers.)

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks