-Not Logged In-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Lionsgate Press Release: Kick-Ass (Blu-ray Combo)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 44,088 posts

Posted June 08 2010 - 09:04 AM

Posted Image
Lionsgate is proud to announce the upcoming Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, Digital Download and On Demand release of Kick-Ass on August 3rd.

I can't read your mind.  But I can kick your ass. This summer, prepare for a wild action film unlike any you've ever seen as Lionsgate releases Kick-Ass to Blu-ray Disc Combo Pack (three discs - including Blu-ray, DVD and digital copy). The film will also be available on DVD, Digital Download and On Demand.  Co-written and directed by Matthew Vaughn (upcoming X-Men: First Class), the ass-kicking adventure about unlikely real-life crime fighters stars Aaron Johnson (Nowhere Boy), Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Superbad) and Mark Strong (Robin Hood, Sherlock Holmes), along with the dynamic father-daughter duo played by Chloë Grace Moretz (upcoming Let Me In), and Nicolas Cage (National Treasure series).  Based on the comic written by Mark Millar and John S. Romita JR, "Hit Girl,", "Big Daddy" and the do-it-yourself superheroes make their way to your home with super DVD special features, including audio commentary, art archives and the featurette "It's On! The Comic Book Origin of Kick-Ass." The Blu-ray Disc Combo Pack kicks even harder with the same DVD special features plus a documentary length "making-of," and a feature-length "Ass-Kicking Bonus View Mode."  In addition, the Metamenu Remote powered by BD Touch, another Blu-ray exclusive, will allow for iPhone OS and Android users to personalize their experience with this state-of-the-art free app. Once connected through BD-Live, viewers can select menus using intuitive gestures, find scenes by dialogue, discover details about the actors and more. With headphones, they can select to listen in alternate language tracks, or enjoy other synchronized content including portions of the "Ass-Kicking Bonus View" (which users can take "to go" on their mobile device).
Dave Lizewski (Johnson) is an ordinary teenager who goes unnoticed in high school until he takes a chance to "do something" and dons a mask and becomes "Kick-Ass" to fight real-life crime.  Bruised and beaten and without any real super powers, he is saved by a father-daughter duo (Cage as "Big Daddy", Moretz as "Hit-Girl") who know all the right moves and have a vendetta against a vicious crime-lord, D'Amico (Strong).  After a fiery internet storm of publicity for Kick-Ass, D'Amico wants to meet the masked man, and his son (Mintz-Plasse) dons a costume of his own and becomes "Red Mist" to befriend him and get in his father's good graces.The story comes to a head when D'Amico succeeds in luring the crime-fighters to his home and ass-kicking destruction ensues.
Pricing: DVD $29.95 Pricing: Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray Disc + DVD + Digital Copy) $39.99

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Stephen Brooks

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit

• 435 posts
  • LocationBrownsburg, IN

Posted June 08 2010 - 04:29 PM

I wonder if any stores will refuse to display a cover with the word "ass" on it.
IMPERIAL OFFICER: Lord Vader, I can't find the Central Navigational Network!

VADER (points to control panel): This......is CNN.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 24,431 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 09 2010 - 01:37 AM

^ I'm sure, at least, Wal Mart will have a special cover with 'Kick-A**' written on it. The asteriks will make impossible to figure what word they really mean so all the people who would be offended by seeing 'Ass' will now be safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users