What's new

Let's make sure that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Forever is uncut on DVD! (1 Viewer)

John Pannozzi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Francis Pannozzi
The Ninja Turtles 25th anniversary TV movie, "Turtles Forever", is finally coming to DVD on August 24th. But it looks like it be the edited version and fullscreen only.

I highly suggest that you all email Paramount Home Entertainment and voice your discontentment regarding the improper aspect ratio and running time.

You can email Paramount Home Entertainment at [email protected]

Here's my email as an example:

Dear Paramount Home Entertainment and Nickelodeon,

My name is John Pannozzi. I am a big fan of many Paramount and Nickelodeon properties, including Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It has come to my attention that you are planning a DVD release of the recent telefilm "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Forever" (also known as "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Forever" or simply "Turtles Forever") on August 24th. While I am happy to see this production getting a home video release, there are a few aspects about this release that greatly disappoint me and I hope can be remedied before the DVD is ready for release. According to the official sellsheet information described at TV Shows on DVD.com the DVD will apparently be in fullscreen and have an approximate running time of 70 minutes. First of all, "Turtles Forever" was originally produced and shown on TV in a widescreen aspect ratio, and it should retain that ratio (preferably in anamorphic form) on DVD. Secondly, 70 minutes is about how long the edited version of the film shown on TV was. The full "director's cut" version of the film (which had previously been available online at 4Kids' website) is said to run about 78 or 90 minutes (sources differ), and the DVD release should ideally contain the longest version of the film. Finally, I would like this film to also be available on Blu-ray Disc, since the film was produced in high definition. While I know the Blu-ray Disc market is not quite as popular as DVD, I believe that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles brand name could sell well on Blu-ray Disc (considering that last year, Warner Home Video and New Line Cinema released a Blu-ray Disc collection of the first four theatrical Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles films, and it seemed to sell well.) Please try to take my requests into consideration. Thank you for considering my suggestions. Please respond when you can.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Great post, I had never heard of this TV movie. I was a fan of the Turtles in the 80s and this title really piqued my interest. However, it being only fullscreen is an instant pass for me. I'll use your e-mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks