Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"The Third Man" (Studio Canal) September 14

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Worth

Worth

Screenwriter

• 1,163 posts

Posted June 08 2010 - 06:09 AM

The Studio Canal release of The Third Man is up for pre-order - in Canada anyway:

http://www.amazon.ca...76020494&sr=8-2

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,870 posts

Posted June 08 2010 - 02:58 PM

Hmmm...  Wonder if this will actually be the same transfer as the OOP Criterion version.  I didn't get around to buying the Criterion BD before it went OOP...

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   PaulDA

PaulDA

Screenwriter

• 2,582 posts
  • LocationSt. Hubert, Quebec, Canada

Posted June 09 2010 - 12:59 AM

Got mine as I'm not nearly as confident in Studio Canal (I've seen good ones and not so good ones with far less consistency of quality than Criterion).

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes time, and it annoys the pig.

#4 of 5 ONLINE   John Hodson

John Hodson

Producer

• 4,463 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted June 09 2010 - 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong 

Hmmm...  Wonder if this will actually be the same transfer as the OOP Criterion version.

_Man_

Doubtful; the SD transfers from SC/Criterion were different.

So many films, so little time...
Film Journal Blog
Lt. Col. Thursday: Beaufort; no preliminary nonsense with him, no ceremonial phrasing. Straight from the shoulder as I tell you, do you hear me? They're recalcitrant swine and they must feel it...

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   alexAN

alexAN

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted June 09 2010 - 01:27 AM

In Spain we had a local release about one year ago, and PQ was very similar (only slightly darker) to Criterion.  This could perfectly be the master used by Studio Canal, since it wasn't the first example of a Studio Canal licensed to a local spanish company.