Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

No signal with PS3 hooked up to Receiver Via HDMI

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Joban

Joban

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted June 04 2010 - 10:11 PM

hey,

I am trying to hook up my PS3 to my receiver "Bjorg Wagner X-R6800" there seems to be no info on this product at all!

but have spoken to people that have herd of the brand and said it was good (i got the receiver off a mate of mine).

anyway it has 3hdmi inputs and 1 hdmi output (also it has no optical input?? which is really strange), so i have the ps3 going into the receiver via hdmi v1.3 then going from

the receiver via hdmi out to tv (samsung 46" series 6 LCD - LED Side lighting). i am not getting any signal on my tv when

going into the hdmi source. i have tried changing all the settings on the ps3 like putting them down the the lowest res etc, and still get nothing! the hdmi cables both work ive tried them seperatly just by connecting the ps3 directly to the tv and there fine.

i have read a million threads and have tried loads of different ways to get it to work. but still nothing. just seeing if anyone has herd of a similar thing or have any ideas. the amp works fine using it with the component cables from the ps3 and all other functions but then im not gettting true 5.1 ch sound that way. would love it if anyone could shed any light on this for me

cheers

Joban

#2 of 7 FakeHater

FakeHater

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted June 28 2010 - 02:24 AM

These BJORG WAGNER systems are a cheap crap brand from china my friend bought a system off two guys in a black van
the HDMI ports are fake! Totaly rubish the projector has 1080HD on the box but this seems to be the model not the resolution.

#3 of 7 gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,672 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted June 28 2010 - 03:20 AM

A black van! Those b*stards! I thought they were supposed to drive white ones.

"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#4 of 7 Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,301 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 01 2010 - 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by gene c 

A black van! Those b*stards! I thought they were supposed to drive white ones.

It didn't have a red stripe, did it?  If so, I don't think I'd mess with those guys...

Posted Image

Regards,

Joe

#5 of 7 skywalkerclone

skywalkerclone

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 16 2010 - 07:51 AM

Ha Buddy, same thing happened to my bro 2 guys in a white van said it was worth $13,000 dollars sold it to him for $2,000 the ampifier has no hdmi outputs the amp ways less than half the wait of my onkyo amp and a tenth of the features,love to catch up with these guys for a nice chat 2,000 dollars worth.

#6 of 7 Kingrabbit

Kingrabbit

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted July 20 2011 - 09:07 PM

The two guys in the black van were doing the rounds again the other day, July 20th in Rockhampton, Central Queensland. They spun a story about a builder going bust and they were given two sets of a theatre surround system to make up for the installation money they had lost. When I told them I wanted to google it and found a thread from this forum relating to the equipment being rubbish and begun to to read it to them the driver who was doing the hard sell hopped in the van and drove off. Would like to warn others of the scam. Regards, Kingrabbit

#7 of 7 Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted July 21 2011 - 03:13 AM

Jeez! Isn't that the A-Team van?! I thought those guys were only out to help people! For what it's worth, never buy anything from the back of a van from anyone. You'll only end up with less in your wallet and something that doesn't work.

Gary Shipley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users