What's new

USHE Announcement: The Black Dahlia (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Promotion: The Black Dahlia Blu-ray Release Headline Date: TBA Release Date: 9/7/2010 THE BLACK DAHLIA Product Source: Theatrical Theatrical Studio: Universal Theatrical Release: 9/15/2006 Synopsis: Blu-ray Widescreen (61112005) : Disc 1 (Side A) Format: Blu-ray UPC: 0-2519-20461-7-9 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 9/7/2010 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 2 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 French DTS 5.1 Surround Subtitles: English SDH French Spanish Edition: - Picture: Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: R CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: DVD Widescreen (61029180) : Disc 1 (Side A) Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-29180-2-5 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: - Street Date: 8/30/2009 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 2 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo Subtitles: English SDH French Spanish Edition: - Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: R CARA Rating: [deleted]Strong Violence, Some Grisly Images, Sexual Content and Language Bonus Features: • Reality and Fiction: The Story of The Black Dahlia • The Case File • The De Palma Touch Presented by Volkswagen

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'd been under the (perhaps eronious) impression that this movie tanked at the B.O. If so, why are we getting this in lieu of much better material from Universal?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Probably because the elements are still in good condition, this being a fairly recent movie.

The fact that the movie did not do well at the box-office is not especially important. Some truly great movies were not big commercial successes. Not, I quickly add, that I think The Black Dahlia is a truly great movie.

I'm glad this is coming out on Blu-ray because the original DVD was mediocre.

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
This film went through a 4K digital intermediate, so ideally the Blu-ray will just be a down conversion of that.

The original cut of the film was close to 3 hours long, so ideally they would use seamless branching to release both the theatrical and the 3 hour cut on one Blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks