What's new

Will Warner Brothers Release MCQ, The Train Robbers, And Chisum On BLU-Ray? (1 Viewer)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Thank you Warner Brothers for releasing The Green Berets on Blu-Ray in January. Does anyone have any inside information, or any information at all of Warner Brothers having plans on releasing the following John Wayne Movies On Bu-Ray

MCQ 1974
The Train Robbers 1973
Chisum 1970

I really would like for these 3 movies to be released on Blu-Ray as soon as possible. Any information on this subject is appreciated!

Thanks!

Robert

Sam Hocevar

Auditioning
Real Name
Sam Hocevar
I am also highly anticipating these three movies, as well as the following ones:

Blood Alley (1955)
The Sea Chase (1955)
Cahill US Marshall (1973)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Just wanted to update this thread. Does anyone have any new information as to whether Warner Brothers will release on Blu-Ray in 2011 the following John Wayne movies:

MCQ 1974
The Train Robbers 1973
Chisum 1970

MCQ is the Warner Brothers movie I want the most on BLU-RAY. Any information, news, etc. on this is appreciated! Thanks!

Robert

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
MCCLOUD said:
Thank you Warner Brothers for releasing The Green Berets on Blu-Ray in January. Does anyone have any inside information, or any information at all of Warner Brothers having plans on releasing the following John Wayne Movies On Bu-RayMCQ 1974The Train Robbers 1973Chisum 1970I really would like for these 3 movies to be released on Blu-Ray as soon as possible. Any information on this subject is appreciated!Thanks!Robert
Decided to bump this thread up again! Still hoping Warner Brothers will release MCQ, The Train Robbers and Chisum on Blu Ray soon! Does anyone have any new information and could someone post how to contact Warner Archives to ask them?

Thanks!

Robert

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Rick Thompson said:
The War Wagon is available on Amazon UK, region free.
It's available in Region A too as it was released on BD by Universal in April of this year.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
McQ will probably depend on how well Brannigan sells on Twilight Time. If it does well then you would think that McQ would interest them since it is a similar film.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
FrancisP said:
McQ will probably depend on how well Brannigan sells on Twilight Time. If it does well then you would think that McQ would interest them since it is a similar film.
Unfortunately, I believe McQ is a Warner's film.....so Twilight Time doesn't have access to it. And with the pace of Warner's releasing their films on BD, McQ is probably a long-shot. Disappointing as I saw it in "HD" on Amazon Instant Video and it looked very good. I would buy it first day.....

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
FrancisP said:
No way, because "McQ" is a Warner film.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
John Hodson said:
Chisum is slated as coming in France, which is a decent indication of a US release.
No. "Chisum" won´t be released on 31st 2014. "Chisum" was supposed to come out in January in France. But it was postponed. The 31st of December always means that it will be postponed to a later month/year.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
John Hodson said:
I realise that, but the mere fact it's there means it's on the radar does it not?
I suppose all John Wayne films are on the radar whether from Paramount or Warner.....

FrancisP

Screenwriter
lukejosephchung said:
Brannigan was released via Twilight Time on a separate distribution deal through MGM...apples and oranges...
I don't believe it is apples and oranges. If Brannigan did well for Twilight Time, McQ is pretty much the same thing. It could tempt Warner to release it through their archive just as they released other blu-rays. There could be other issues such as the shape of the elements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks