What's new

Any News On Paramount Releasing Cannon Season 3 Volume 1? (1 Viewer)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Does anyone have any inside information if Paramount is going to release Cannon Season 3 Volume 1 on DVD? I sure hope the excellent 3rd Season of Cannon gets released on DVD. Any information on Cannon Season 3 Volume I is appreciated!

Take Care!

Robert

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
For some reason I feel good about a S3, V1 release in early fall. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all to get an announcement either later this month or sometime in July.

Gary "whenever my sacroiliac starts acting up I know a new release of Cannon is just around the bend" O. /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Gary OS
For some reason I feel good about a S3, V1 release in early fall. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all to get an announcement either later this month or sometime in July.

Gary "whenever my sacroiliac starts acting up I know a new release of Cannon is just around the bend" O. /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif
Any chance for more Jake & the Fatman ?

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Hey thanks for the info Gary! I hope you are correct and I know you have an outstanding track record on early information like this. Gary, any information on Barnaby Jones 2 or The Streets of San Francisco Season 3 Volume 1? I wonder if Barnaby Jones will get a full Season 2 release instead of in Volumes? Also, I am on Season 2 of Daniel Boone and I really enjoy the show now just like I did watching it as a kid. I got Seasons 1-5 from Christian Books for $50.00 last year on the basis of your post about it. Thanks again! I always like reading your posts.

Take Care!

Robert

I'm another person who is interested in knowing whats taking so long for the release
of season 3 vol 1 of cannon not to mention season 2 of barnaby jones

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Originally Posted by Aryn Leroux
Any chance for more Jake & the Fatman ?
I would like more Jake and the Fatman too. Darn CBS. Starts a series then drops it. Has done that with Beverly Hillbillies, Rawhide, Petticoat Junction and too many to name.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by Rick Thompson
Wouldn't be nice if Cannon were being delayed because they're remastering it this time?
I was thinking (hoping) the same thing. I only have Cannon Season 1, but when compared to Hawaii Five O, Mannix and Barnaby Jones it is really lacking in video quality.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I would also be interested in more seasons of Cannon. I have S1 & S2 on dvd and love the show.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Hey Gary I saw your post on the Gunsmoke thread about clouds in your crystal ball for some CBS Paramount releases. Any clouds or news on Cannon Season 3 Volume 1 since your post in June? Thanks!

Robert

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Robert,

Unfortunately, when I look into the crystal ball for Cannon news, I no longer see the series at all. It's as if it has vanished completely. Take that for what it's worth.

Gary "so bummed as I had planned on continuing to purchase Cannon sets" O. /img/vbsmilies/htf/frown.gif

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
I think that all the CBS series such as "Cannon", Jake and the Fatman,Streets of San Francisco", Matt Houston or Vega$" won´t be continued.
It seems that the selling numbers were too low.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Would be a huge shame with so many cool titles in their archives, if only they's start licensing out I'm sure smaller companies would almost be lining up to release them...

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for the information Gary! I hope CBS Paramount will change their mind and release Cannon Season 3 Volume 1 on DVD. Please keep us posted on any news about Cannon and if you can tell CBS Paramount we would really like to see Cannon Season 1 Volume 1 to be released on DVD. Take Care!

Robert

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am ok with the S1 and S2 if they do not plan on releasing more of the show. I like Cannon, but, i found the quality very bad on the dvd. I would much rather see more of the Streets of Sanf Francisco. However, i would still purchase Cannon if it were to come out again.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
CBS/P didn't help themselves with how they handled this on DVD. If episodes were not going to be restored, that's fine, but they should have put these in full season volumes with an appropriate price point reflecting the fact these were a step down from their other releases.

Instead we got split volumes at a price higher than I was willing to pay for a release with sub-par video quality.

That's not to say this show wouldn't have tanked anyway. Barnaby Jones appears to be another 1 and done release and it had a full season release with very good picture quality. Unfortunately Jones hasn't stayed relevant in the popular culture the way Five-O or Mason have. Diagnosis Murder didn't sell either and was stalled out after 3 quick releases.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
CBS/P really did a poor job with Cannon all the way around. Very disappointing. Now that it is stalled, who can be surprised?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I think the final eulogies here might be premature. CBS has obviously slowed down their classic releases, and Cannon is probably one of the casualties of that decision. However, even Gary's sources didn't seem to be saying it was gone forever; just that the planned 4th quarter release was canceled. CBS goes back and forth among its not-exactly-bestseller titles, but most of them show up again at some point.

I'm granting you that Diagnosis: Murder is stalled (although Have Gun was revived and Diagnosis had another set come out in England...), but for the moment, I am personally labeling Cannon as "delayed". (Along with Mannix, Perry Mason, Matt Houston, and Barnaby Jones.) I do hope that the promised good news about The Fugitive is still forthcoming this year.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Lee, I appreciate your optimism. The reality is that we can always, and I do mean A-L-W-A-Y-S, say a certain title is only being delayed as opposed to cancelled. Let's face it, a company always has the peragotive to come back and start releasing a stalled out series at any time, even years later. So theoretically we can't say any series is actually cancelled because it might show back up on dvd in 2014 or something. But for my money that's only semantics. If one person prefers to use the word "delayed" instead of cancelled" so be it. But the reality is that when shows are completely removed from schedules with no future dates set for their release, I consider that release cancelled and not simply delayed or postponed. But as I said, to each his own.

Gary "I agree with Steve's conclusions" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks