Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Any News On Paramount Releasing Cannon Season 3 Volume 1?

Paramount

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 of 74 OFFLINE   Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 12:58 AM

That's indeed a good season opener and a nice gloomy role for Janssen just before going into becoming Harry O. Also neat to see him reunited with Conrad again after a guest slot on O'Hara U.S. Treasury, and of course Fugitive fame. I suspect we'll now see CBS finishing many a stalled series this way, including Cannon.

With "Cannon" it´s not a problem when they´re finishing the series with MOD because the picture quality of the first two seasons were so bad because they didn´t remaster it. So with MOD the picture quality will be the same as before because it doesn´t get worse. Hopefully, CBS/Paramount won´t continue with "Matt Houston" via MOD because the first season looked great and I don´t want to see this series with a bad picture quality like "Cannon". By the way, I´m a big "Cannon" fan. I would even buy Season 1+2 once again, if they´ll release it "remastered" which they won´t do......-as we all know.

#42 of 74 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,477 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 02:14 AM

With "Cannon" it´s not a problem when they´re finishing the series with MOD because the picture quality of the first two seasons were so bad because they didn´t remaster it. So with MOD the picture quality will be the same as before because it doesn´t get worse. Hopefully, CBS/Paramount won´t continue with "Matt Houston" via MOD because the first season looked great and I don´t want to see this series with a bad picture quality like "Cannon". By the way, I´m a big "Cannon" fan. I would even buy Season 1+2 once again, if they´ll release it "remastered" which they won´t do......-as we all know.

Mod has nothing to do with remastered or not. Many of The WA TV series are great and remastered but the recent Harry O apparently was not or it was in really bad shape as it is the worst looking (but not bad) TV release WA has released so far and its on pressed discs so pressed disc or MOD has nothing to do with picture quality. Its if they remaster it and to what extent.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#43 of 74 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted August 08 2012 - 10:54 AM

the same here

#44 of 74 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tim Gregerson 

the same here

Which post are you replying to Tim?

#45 of 74 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 12:13 PM

Am interested in possibly getting at least the first season of Cannon on DVD, because of the crossover it did with Barnaby Jones later on in it's run, but also taking into consideration the fact that the first two seasons were not transferred to HD (it has put me off getting the half volume Region 1 sets forming the first two seasons of Cannon). Glad that it's continuing on DVD as it was looking like it would remain stalled. This news of the third season being released has been very welcome news.

#46 of 74 OFFLINE   gordoncolt

gordoncolt

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 12:36 PM

Are there any other Cbs shows that were released MOD or is this a first?The Cannon MOD price is lower than the Warner Harry O Mod price though.

#47 of 74 OFFLINE   FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,328 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 12:56 PM

Sets of Becker, Dave's World, and Moesha have been released MOD, as have a number of Nickelodeon children's titles. I think Cannon may be the first 60-minute drama they are releasing this way.

#48 of 74 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,047 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 01:08 PM

Now awaiting for Becker S5 to come out.

#49 of 74 OFFLINE   Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted August 09 2012 - 12:59 AM

Mod has nothing to do with remastered or not. Many of The WA TV series are great and remastered but the recent Harry O apparently was not or it was in really bad shape as it is the worst looking (but not bad) TV release WA has released so far and its on pressed discs so pressed disc or MOD has nothing to do with picture quality. Its if they remaster it and to what extent.

ahh...-O.K. Sad to hear that "Harry O" doesn´t look good because in a couple of days I´ll get the first season. I wonder why CBS/Paramount series such as "Hawaii Five O , Barnaby Jones, Matt Houston or Streets of San Francisco", were remastered in HD and "Cannon" not. I thought "Cannon" were a popular series in the USA but apparently CBS/Paramount thought the selling numbers of the show would be low, anyway.

#50 of 74 OFFLINE   dhammer

dhammer

Second Unit

• 310 posts

Posted August 09 2012 - 03:56 AM

I have been watching Harry-O and it seems fine to me. I guess I don't have a trained eye but it looks as good as any series released--IMO.

#51 of 74 OFFLINE   skees53

skees53

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts

Posted August 09 2012 - 04:05 AM

I have been watching Harry-O and it seems fine to me. I guess I don't have a trained eye but it looks as good as any series released--IMO.

I didn't think it looked bad either, and I certainly didn't see any alarming issues... I mean it wasn't the greatest looking series I've ever seen on DVD, but I've seen far, far worse (like the Room 222 release by Shout!). I think the bigger problem with it was that a lot of people had greater expectations from Warner, which is fair, since many of their series do look pretty good on DVD.

#52 of 74 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,477 posts

Posted August 09 2012 - 07:12 AM

I didn't say it looked bad it looks pretty good but it doesn't look as good as Mannix or most of the CBS shows or any of the Mod released shows from WA so my point was Mod has nothing to do with picture quality or whether a show will be remastered or not. The show may have always looked this way or it may have been in bad condition and they remastered it to look as good as it did, I'm not sure since its been so long since its been on TV.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#53 of 74 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,316 posts

Posted August 09 2012 - 07:48 AM

I don't think anyone expected Harry O to look like the remastered Paramount shows when it hasn't been remastered (even though Warner's archive site says it is but I think that refers only to the first pilot). Haven't seen the set yet myself but the WAC clips I've seen all look very good or acceptable and as expected, I suspect it looks better than both The FBI and Medical Center where especially the latter is quite disappointing bordering on the appalling. At least to my eyes, but as always these things are in the eye of the beholder and personal taste.

#54 of 74 OFFLINE   GMBurns

GMBurns

Stunt Coordinator

• 120 posts
  • LocationPlainville, CT

Posted October 03 2012 - 12:22 AM

I’m so glad Cannon season 3 is coming out, even if it’s MOD, even if it’s not remastered. CBS/Paramount has been a one-man wrecking crew in 2012. Now that Mannix and Streets of San Francisco are completing, and shows like Perry Mason and Father Dowling are close to completion I’m hoping that some of those stalled shows mentioned in this thread (Barnaby Jones, Jake and the Fatman, Diagnosis Murder) will begin to resurface in 2013. Fiscal cliff or not, I’m grateful that CBS has been so aggressive with their DVD releases compared to what it’s been like in the last few years.

#55 of 74 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,316 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 04:45 PM

Some conflicting news on Cannon's Season 3 release on DVD. http://www.ccvideo.c...cannon-season-3 and http://www.cdunivers...asp?pid=8828466. Hopefully that widescreen bit is a typo/product misidentification.

#56 of 74 OFFLINE   FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,328 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 04:50 PM

Thanks for the research. At least both dates are in the reasonably near future; I was beginning to worry.

#57 of 74 OFFLINE   GMBurns

GMBurns

Stunt Coordinator

• 120 posts
  • LocationPlainville, CT

Posted November 13 2012 - 10:40 PM

And just to add another date for Cannon season 3, I had it on order from oldies.com. It was supposed to be released yesterday (November 13), but they emailed and said it had now been delayed another week and would be released November 20. It will be nice to have it whenever it finally does come.

#58 of 74 OFFLINE   GMBurns

GMBurns

Stunt Coordinator

• 120 posts
  • LocationPlainville, CT

Posted November 20 2012 - 12:15 PM

I heard from someone in customer service at oldies.com again today. They have confirmed with CBS that their manufacturing plant will start shipping the Cannon MOD product to accounts tomorrow (Nov 21). And oldies.com will be shipping it out to customers as soon as they receive it. I'm not inclined to ask them to parse the details, but I'll take it as very good news. After nearly three years since the last release of Cannon, I'm excited that I might be able to watch season 3 sometime next week.

#59 of 74 OFFLINE   GMBurns

GMBurns

Stunt Coordinator

• 120 posts
  • LocationPlainville, CT

Posted December 07 2012 - 07:17 AM

So far I've only had a chance to watch a few episodes of Cannon season 3. Quality-wise they look the same as the first four regular releases from CBS. But it's really nice to see Frank Cannon back on the job again, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that the last two seasons will make their way to us in 2013.

#60 of 74 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,316 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 08:55 AM

Too bad about the picture quality and no remastering. The Amazon order's still in limbo, not sure what's up with that deal. Here's a clip from Season 2 I think this (the clip's original source) looks better almost than it does on the DVD, that is I don't think it's from that disc, so it would seem CBS used pretty rotten prints when better ones would appear to exist out there(?).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Paramount

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users