-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Incubus 1965 OAR

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted May 30 2010 - 03:58 PM

According to imdb it's supposed to be 1.85:1. The Fox Lorber DVD however is 1.33:1.  However, it seems strange that they went through so much effort to restore it and put commentaries on the disc for it to just be a pan and scan.  So can anyone shine some light on the subject?

#2 of 2 Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,123 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted September 24 2010 - 04:33 AM

I just purchased this DVD, so I haven't yet looked at very much of it.  If I had to guess about what's happened to the aspect ratio, I would assume that because it was mastered from the only surviving print, they were limited in what was available.

My question is about the cover.  I ordered the disc from a marketplace seller and the cover art is lightly different from that pictured on the amazon site.  Mine has the title down in the lower half.  The pictured cover on Amazon has the title in the upper half.

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".