Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

PR - Darkroom - 1981 Anthology Series hosted by James Coburn for Region 4

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 MadmanTV

MadmanTV

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted May 26 2010 - 04:11 PM

Madman Entertainment is thrilled to announce the world premiere DVD release of the classic and much sought after Universal television series DARKROOM.

In the tradition of Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone and Night Gallery came this much celebrated cult series hosted by screen legend James Coburn. With thrilling tales of horror and real terror, each episode featured a number of short stories guaranteed to leave its audience switching every light on in their house.

Available for the first time anywhere, every story from the 1981 anthology series is now available to thrill a new audience.

DARKROOM - The Complete Series is released in Australia (Region 4) on June 16th.

With kind permission from Home Theater Forum, here is the link for more information:

http://www.madman.co...releaseId=13481

The DVD comes with a booklet containing the original pre-release Universal Press Information, which provides a fascinating look at some of the stories which never made it into production.

Posted Image

#2 of 8 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,034 posts

Posted May 27 2010 - 03:29 AM

It's nice that this is coming out, although rather pricey for a show which had 7 episodes. I'd like to upgrade mine, which I recorded off ABC when they aired, but not at that price, plus shipping to the U.S.

#3 of 8 John Stell

John Stell

Supporting Actor

• 818 posts

Posted June 29 2010 - 02:44 AM

I received my copy yesterday and watched the first episode.  The episode is truly complete and unedited, from the opening teaser scenes to the bumpers that pop up mid episode.  I was especially happy to see that the Universal logo at the end of the episode was the original and not replaced with a newer version.  The picture quality looked fine to me on the 52 ' RCA I have.  This is a nice set and is surely recommended to fans of the series.

"...you would not understand...You do not...have...daughters."

#4 of 8 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,075 posts

Posted December 21 2010 - 11:07 AM

Am interested in getting the Region 4 set of Darkroom. Have checked the price on ezyDVD but the price is still too high.

#5 of 8 westumulka

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted December 21 2010 - 03:54 PM

I got this from Devoted when it was released... very happy with it.

#6 of 8 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,075 posts

Posted April 02 2011 - 03:25 AM

The price on Devoted is lower than ezyDVD. Are Devoted a reliable seller, in terms of delivery and packaging?

#7 of 8 AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,900 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted April 04 2011 - 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by WaveCrest 

The price on Devoted is lower than ezyDVD. Are Devoted a reliable seller, in terms of delivery and packaging?

I'm pretty sure I've used them in the past, but if so, it's been awhile. FBO (Family Box Office) and DVD Orchard are also reliable (and FBO frequently worked out as less-expensive for me on several things in the past).

#8 of 8 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,075 posts

Posted April 09 2011 - 06:12 AM

Thanks for replying Andy.

Have purchased Darkroom from Devoted. You can choose how you have a DVD/DVD set sent to you in the post, which is a good idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users